The Handmaid's Tale | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Handmaid's Tale

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Meathook, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Both episodes were all sorts of amazing.

2. Bitchmetoothefuck.gif SIS.

lushLuck likes this.
  3. I had my doubts, especially after all the awards and acclaim, and now not having the book to rely on, that it wouldn’t live up to season 1.

But what a comeback. That first episode is a monster. They really did that.

4. The opening of the premiere was ICONIC. YAS Kate Bush YAS.

I thought the second episode was the real showstopper though. It felt understated and achingly beautiful while being brutal and in-your-face at the same time. The ending left me silent.

5. Y'all. Just fucking wait. Episode 5 is gonna fuck you up. If you thought the first two episodes of this season were tough to watch, well...

DreamlessNights likes this.
  6. So do we get a break in episodes 3 and 4?

7. Episode 3, yes. Episode 4... no.

8. lushLuck likes this.
  9. I've always been apprehensive about the show continuing on after the book and judging from that article and clips I've watched from season 2, I think I would have preferred it as a mini-series.

kermit_the_frog likes this.
  10. I've yet to start Series 2 (UK Pace here) but I share your apprehension... unless Ms Atwood wrote a full manuscript for them to work from, I'm terrified that they'll put a foot wrong and spoil the first series in the process...

11. Would anyone mind sharing how or where I can watch season 2 in the UK? I'm struggling to find it anywhere.

12. #comingsoon to Channel 4 - the trailers have already started so I'm guessing Sunday 13th May will be the launch date...

Just wait - will be much better in HD anyway...

13. I don't think the quality in relation to season 1 has dipped at all, the writing remains superb even as they broaden the scope and show more of the outside world like the colonies and the econowives so I wouldn't worry about that at all.

Vitamin, lushLuck, Rob and 3 others like this.
  14. I've seen up to 2x06 and am absolutely loving the second season. Is it bleak? Yes, sometimes almost unbearably so. But like @johnoclock said, the writing remains fantastic. Elisabeth Moss is doing some of her best work. But if you watched the first 2 and thought, 'this is too much' then I'd recommend you stop watching now. There were scenes in episode 5 where I sat in my bed alone saying, 'No, no, no, no, no!' out loud with my hands over my eyes. This ain't light viewing, and it isn't getting any easier.

15. I feel like this season might kill me. The ending scene on three was awful.

So jealous you can watch ahead.

16. Hate to double post but this is a really good article. I hate Game of Thrones for it’s treatment against women (though I watch it) but somehow I’m okay* watching this. It definitely makes me think.

*Not okay as in enjoyment but okay as in, it’s a cautionary tale, I should (personally) watch it.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    lushLuck likes this.
  17. I'll just watch it when I'm ready. I'm sure it's 'important' and Elisabeth delivers in it. But from a visceral/escapism standpoint I just don't think it's something people immediately run to to access.

lushLuck and DreamlessNights like this.
  18. Jesus, the opening ten minutes of S2...

19. I'm not liking this season so far.