The Koda Kumi Rate PART I: Top20, surprises and @no one of you | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Koda Kumi Rate PART I: Top20, surprises and @no one of you

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by evilsin, Oct 2, 2017.

1. @evilsin I will make the thread's title or I won't vote in part 2 xx

send photo and evilsin like this.
  2. This is your first post in this rate, not to mention you didn't take part in it. Try harder. There is also this rate of yours for a certain girl group... Do you really wanna try it?

3. Let me unlike all your posts.

What does this mean? nn.

evilsin likes this.
  4. You wouldn't dare.
    Oh, I thought you were planning a bit of a rate that might benefit from my participation, no?

aaronhansome and Alouder98 like this.
  5. Oh wait I forgot that ddd.

Anyway this is my 3rd post in this thread, I think that's enough for dedicating the title to me??

6. [​IMG]
    Oh, you mean these 3 just now, you trick ass binch? Nice try, try harder.

7. This is @evilsin teaching @Alouder98 a lesson.

[​IMG]

You gotta earn your name in the title!

[​IMG]

8. Should I return to tagging you all the way to #1? Behave.

9. Do you want me to be on Team @Alouder98?

Alouder98 and evilsin like this.
  10. But you were already mentioned in the title, hun.

11. As the unofficial villain in this rate I'm surprised I haven't been in the title yet.

evilsin and send photo like this.
  12. Only in this rate beast?? I'm still not over the score you gave to Rollin'.

evilsin, send photo and Ceir like this.
  13. It got what it deserved, just like Kuu's early discography.

Alouder98 likes this.
  14. He's just bitter he broke his neck trying the choreo.

aaronhansome, evilsin, Ceir and 2 others like this.
  15. Now why would I put your name in my life's work title after the statments like this, huh?

aaronhansome, send photo and Ceir like this.
  16. Chew on this freshness while I prepare a couple of eliminations.

I already can hear the comments of "she can't lip-sync" sort.

aaronhansome, send photo and RUNAWAY like this.
  17. [​IMG]

aaronhansome, RUNAWAY and evilsin like this.
  18. [​IMG]
    (I totally forgot about this artwork...)
    31 (4 track tie) Get Out The Way
    Average: 7,39

Highest score: 9x1 (@lalaclairi_)
    Lowest score: 6x1 (@GhettoPrincess)
    My score: 8

feel my mind can't catch a break. This time it's an AKIRA produced and Kumi written track of an album only variety. AKIRA is mostly an R'n'B kind of guy and he worked with quite a plephora of artists. Natually I'm pleased that he crafted a nice bop with something a bit quirky for Kumi. I like the main musical hook and all those bleeps and bloops throughout certainly add some charm to it. While Kumi's charismatic delivery peps up the track even more.
    Although I have to say the lyrics are convoluted to me, even if the main theme of wanting to move forward is obvious:

I arrange the thick books I won't read

Next to me, what's fun?

I hope it turns into a long dream like this
    Even this moment when we met
    Is already something of the past
    The interrupted feelings won't return again

I hope it turns into a distant star like this
    Even the fate I felt in those times
    Is fleeting; I'm forgetting it after all
    Our separated hearts
    Won't return
    (c) @otenkiame

Not much has been said about this one by you huns. @RUNAWAY (7,5) is seldom not a top scorer, "it’s always been kind of a jam, but really just makes me think of Ludacris and that’s not a thought I like." It's a jam and... I didn't even realize actually! @Sprockrooster (8) sheds some light, "Amazing sample use!" Is it really from Ludacris' song though? It's surely similar.

And @send photo (7) was running for his life like Britney in that gif, "Get Out The Way (my fluids are rotting)"

Kumi didn't vother performing this one live.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  19. [​IMG]
    31 (4 track tie) LOVE HOLIC
    Average: 7,39

Highest score: 10x1 (@me!)
    Lowest score: 4x1 (@Sprockrooster, this betrayal!)
    My score: LOOK ABOVE!

And so after a lengthy break secret loses another single (well, b-side actually) track and I lose my second 10. First of all, this is one of my most beloved tracks, you ungrateful churls! Especially you, @Sprockrooster! Secondly it was produced by some guy, who didn't really produce anything else. Weird, huh. Thirdly this was written by Kumi and it's her first song written mainly in Kansai dialect. You see, Kuu is from Osaka, where they talk a bit differently compared to the common Tokyo dialect. Basically they use other words, like "meccha" instead of "dai" for "very", or "hen" instead of "nai" as a negative particle. Anyway the song is a total hoot, because I still believe that songs like this reflect true Kumi: a little bonkers, over the top cute, always in love and in her dreams. She looks the happiest performing them as well and probably writing in her native dialect lets her express herself even clearer. Speaking of expressing herself - the lyrics are once again sprinkled with emojis and tell of the complex relatioships between the two people:

Once again our love has misunderstandings

We often have troubles like that
    It's like that for us
    We're both to blame as we push and pull
    In the end it's hard for me (・_・、)
    But like this

I really, really love you, so
    I absolutely won't lose to anyone
    These feelings will go to the future, c'mon!
    I want you to lose this invisible anxiety
    More and more
    I want to hear that one word

(c) @otenkiame

I can't believe you did this to me, but only that hen, you know which one, commented on this joy of a ditty, "Way too hectic and all over the place". NO, YOU'RE WAY TOO HECTIC AND OVER THE PLACE! I don't have a comeback for this one. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THIS WAY!

She performed it a couple of times, but none are online unfortunately. So here's one from a medley during Trick Tour:

20. Sorry about your taste. No kidding. It might be higher if it got the chance to sink in.

Does that mean I can make it now to the thread title? Lowkey sad that wasnot a thing when my flop commentary for different songs not even in this rate was revealed.

evilsin likes this.