The Marvel Cinematic Universe | Page 42 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Shockbox, Oct 23, 2014.

1. I'm going to ignore Iron Fist and watch my favourite Thor movie for 10 hours instead.

2. He could make me Thor any time he wanth.

Christopher likes this.

3. New Spider-Man Homecoming Trailer. Better than the first but I hope they haven't given too much away

4. Imagine, Finn, if a white billionaire who's also a complete dick at times sometimes threw on a cape and became a masked vigilante, and was the most popular superhero of all.

Imagine

5. It's great that they gave away the whole plot in the trailer.

Mikal likes this.
  6. Literally don't even watch if you're excited for this film. It's a joke.

7. The villain looks shit and the new Spidey's voice still goes right through me. Yay?

8. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

It's awful, isn't it? My minimal curiosity went out the window, not because it looks that bad, but because the entire plot is in the trailer! Sometimes I take that as a sign that a studio isn't confident in the product. Hmm, I'll have to ask around.

Tribal Spaceman and Aidan like this.
  9. It doesn't look bad at all though? If they did give away the entire plot then I like what I have seen so far
    Plus who are Donald Glover and Zendaya playing? They might not have big parts in this movie but im pretty sure they signed on for more than 2 movies

10. 20 minutes into Iron Fist and I'm bored senseless. Even the title sequence is a turgid mess.

11. That's a work out video not a movie.

12. Holy shit. This looks SO good.

13. It definitely feels like they are rebooting the series using Guardians of the Galaxy's blueprints, which is probably better, though it doesn't help in the argument against the MCU's lack of diversity in tone.

14. As someone who thinks that Marvel is still yet to make a really, really good film (Avengers Assemble and Winter Soldier got close), this really does look brilliant. I hope Taika Waititi brings across some of his usual idiosyncracy to this - from the trailer it looks like it.

15. He

He

Damn, the tone seems quite different!

Looks pretty fun and wow at Chris Hemsworth in that haircut.

16. This really does give Thor: Guardian of The Galaxy right down the humour, the 80s tastic logo and the music. I might go and watch it, even though I've struggled with the last two Thor movies. I do hope that Tom Hiddlestone is given minimal screentime. Just the sight of him makes me cringe after that god awful showmance with Bad Gal Tay Tay.

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  17. That looks amazing!! Totally going for the Guardians vibe, but nothing wrong with, I laughed so loud at the "he's a friend from work" as naff of a line that it is! I like that that each Captain America film has been very different and it's looking like the Thor films will be similar very different from the last. Chris remains the hottest, and YES at the new buzz cut!

18. Seems good. The typical Marvel 'feel', but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Hela is all.

19. Ready!

Cate Blanchett as Hela is giving me loif. I hope Valkyrie gets more to do than just play stoic guardswoman (yes it's one trailer but that's my worry). The women of the Thor comics are some of Marvel's best. They haven't even done his most notable nemesis other than Loki, Amora the Enchantress.
    [​IMG]

POPGASM likes this.
  20. I can't believe I'm saying this about a Thor movie, it looks amazing! I'm really excited to see Cate Blanchett as Hela. Hopefully they don't waste her like they have with past villains.
    I wish Enchantress would show up but I feel like she's basically between Loki and Hela in personality and power. It's a shame though as she could be so much more.