The PJ00s - The 2nd Round // We have a winner + reveals started page 79 | Page 101 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The PJ00s - The 2nd Round // We have a winner + reveals started page 79

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Sprockrooster, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Well, that's fine! The mainstream sucks anyway! We don't need 'em! We're in this for the fans , maaaaan!

2. Isn't that everyone on PJ though?

Ironheade, Oleander and londonrain like this.
  3. Hard day? Don't talk to me about hard days. I currently look like this from all the work I had to do yesterday.

[​IMG]

4. Gross. Only wannabe tryhard posers would say something like that.

[​IMG]

Ironheade likes this.
  5. Right, I've finally read through the whole thread, so

I was very close to giving you points. You were first on the 'ehh' list.

Thanks to the people who gave me points:
    @Sprockrooster
    @WowWowWowWow
    @Hudweiser
    @ComeOnGloria
    @ufint
    @stevo_1988
    @Filippa

Well done to @One Stop Candy Shop, @Sprockrooster and @NuhdeensPassport

(Yes, I know that not everyone's getting beeped, but I don't really care)

6. I thought of an iconic trio that we forgot.

7. But if you're coming last doesn't that mean you don't actually have any fans?

londonrain and Mina like this.
  8. And hence the tiny crown was born xx.

unnameable and londonrain like this.
  9. Before I forget, @DJHazey:
    Thank you for that much-needed 8, but giving points to a Swedish pop girl singing a Cheiron track does not constitute #R&Bjustice in any way. I’ll expect your points when I finally muster up the courage to enter an actual R&B song in one of these contests again...

Jeffo likes this.
  10. Oh come on, you have to admit that song is at least R&B-lite. I wasn't pulling a Gotta Tell You, since this seems to be what you're trying to accuse me of.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  11. I see this thread has finally hit the 2000s (in terms of post count I mean)

Ray, Sprockrooster, Jeffo and 3 others like this.
  12. I love that song to pieces, but it really isn’t R&B. It’s more like Celine Dion’s That’s The Way It Is than, say, Dream (or even Linda Kiraly).

13. But your original argument read like a Swedish pop girl couldn't have an R&B song. I'll listen to it again and see if I can get into anymore detail, but it definitely hit me as an early 00s R&B-lite tune and felt like something a girl group from that era would be putting out, like a Dream, 3LW, etc. along that vein, that's the feel I got when listening to it and I consider that music to be 'R&B lite' whether I'm right or wrong.

londonrain likes this.
  14. @londonrain The reason Jessica was denied my points was because it was too similar to our other hubby @KamikazeHeart 's How Will I Know (Who You Are) from a zillion contests ago, so I felt I'd already voted for it, cosmically.

KamikazeHeart and londonrain like this.
  15. It's touching to see the impact of these contests on the overall forum narrative.

Also, everything is better with cat gifs.

Untouchable Ace, Ray and londonrain like this.
  16. Well, the operative part of that argument was the “Cheiron” bit.

But, hey, anything that gets you into R&B works for me.

DJHazey likes this.
  17. R&B song or not, I don't think anyone would deny that the signature Cheiron sound has some degree of R&B influence in it.

Compromises for everybody!

DJHazey and Sprockrooster like this.
  18. That is... not how this works.

I don’t know what’s worse: this questionable logic or @berserkboi saying in his ballot that my song was an 11/10 and then not voting for it.

19. He just has a lot of love to give.

20. I'm afraid this is @Hudweiser's way to telling you that you need to step it up in bed.

ohnostalgia, berserkboi, Mina and 2 others like this.