The Pokémon Generation VI Rate! ~ ONE WEEK REMAINING FOR VOTES | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Pokémon Generation VI Rate! ~ ONE WEEK REMAINING FOR VOTES

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by EnsnareTheSenses, Jul 3, 2017.

?

I want my reveals...

1. ...done separately, going through the Non-Mega, then the Mega list.

14 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. ...integrated, with all 121 scores combined in one full result.

22 vote(s)
    61.1%
  1. ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bonjour, tout le monde!

T'is I, Professor Sycamore - otherwise known as Handsome Dad™ - and I will be guiding your way through the Kalos Region of the Pokémon World. Y'all couldn't handle a powerful woman at the helm, so they thought they'd throw in the first male Rule 34-baiting prof into the mix. Don't even ask about Gen VII...

Yes, after the, uh, interesting design concept for Gen V, Game Freak decided to tap into its core fan base with Gen VI, and take things down a decidedly gayer route. Kalos - deriving from the Greek word, κάλλος, meaning 'Beauty' - took cues from the world's most romantic country, France, and thus the Americunty reign was over until Gen VII ddd. Balance, harmony, beauty, fashion, art, shopping, clubbing, nightlife, food, hanging out were the primary tenets of this new generation, and with its main team of villains - Team Flare - championing the goal of a 'beautiful and better world while making money' (villains?), our heroes embark upon a mission to, err, stop this.

Hetero nonsense was ushered out even further with the inclusion of a lush 3D world, which finally brought the Pokémon series into the 21st century, and the introduction of one of the most iconic types of the series - Fairies. Colossal special attack and defence, coupled with an almost game-breakingly good coverage on strengths and weaknesses (and a mind-bogglingly handy immunity to the then-reigning supreme Dragon typing) made your Clefables even more deadly than before, and gave a voice to all of us who didn't exactly see the need for the physicality of gym class.

To placate the straights, Gen VI drafted in the divisive concept of Mega Evolutions. Love 'em or loathe 'em, the nipping and tucking of some of your favourite (and not so favourite hi Glalie) Pokémon definitely stirred things up, and shone a light on a few critters that were otherwise outcast, bullied, or teased. Only to be dropped quite spectacularly in the following generation. Ha its Artpop could mean anything.

In all seriousness, sandwiched between two of the weakest eras the Pokémon series has to offer, Generation VI stands as one of the brightest instalments in the entire collection. With a glorious new world, great new gameplay features, and a tight, concise roster of new creatures, it can be argued that Gen VI boasted a welcome return to form for the franchise. As such, I'm expecting a suitably higher average for this lot across the board compared to the past few rates, but we shall see!

So, this rate is going to work a little differently to our previous outings.

We're going to have two different lists - one covering the 73 new Pokémon (I've decided to separate Hoopa's two forms), and the other covering the 50 Mega/Primal Evolutions introduced throughout Generation VI, bringing us a total of 123 scores altogether.

If this is your first time at the rodeo, rate each Pokémon with a score ranging between 0 - 10 (.5 scores will be accepted). Gift your single favourite 'mon in its list a score of 11 to edge it that closer to victory, and give your Serena ChaCha your damning -1 score.

*** Scores of 11 and -1 will be accepted in BOTH lists provided, meaning you'll be giving out two 11s and two -1s throughout the Gen VI scoring process - one set for the non-mega list, and one set for the megas. ***

I haven't quite decided how I'm going to do the score reveals yet - I'll perhaps create a poll for y'all to decide whether you'd prefer me to run through each list separately, or combine the rundown with integrated scores of both non-megas and megas. Either way, a full Gen VI list will be provided at the end of the rate, and all scores will be inserted into the Master List.

1. Chespin –

2. Quilladin –

3. Chesnaught –

4. Fennekin –

5. Braixen –

6. Delphox –

7. Froakie –

8. Frogadier –

9. Greninja

10. Bunnelby –

11. Diggersby –

12. Fletchling –

13. Fletchinder –

14. Talonflame –

15. Scatterbug –

16. Spewpa –

17. Vivillon –

18. Litleo –

19. Pyroar –

20. Flabébé –

21. Floette –

22. Florges –

23. Skiddo –

24. Gogoat –

25. Pancham –

26. Pangoro –

27. Furfrou –

28. Espurr –

29. Meowstic –

30. Honedge –

31. Doublade –

32. Aegislash –

33. Spritzee –

34. Aromatisse –

35. Swirlix –

36. Slurpuff –

37. Inkay –

38. Malamar –

39. Binacle –

40. Barbaracle –

41. Skrelp –

42. Dragalage –

43. Clauncher –

44. Clawitzer –

45. Helioptile –

46. Heliolisk –

47. Tyrunt –

48. Tyrantrum –

49. Amaura –

50. Aurorus –

51. Sylveon –

52. Hawlucha –

53. Dedenne –

54. Carbink –

55. Goomy –

56. Sliggoo –

57. Goodra –

58. Klefki –

59. Phantump –

60. Trevenant –

61. Pumpkaboo –

62. Gourgeist –

63. Bergmite –

64. Avalugg –

65. Noibat –

66. Noivern –

67. Xerneas –

68. Yveltal –

69. Zygarde (50% Forme) –

70. Diancie –

71. Hoopa (Confined) –

72. Hoopa (Unbound) –

73. Volcanion –

1. Mega Venusaur –

2. Mega Charizard X –

3. Mega Charizard Y –

4. Mega Blastoise –

5. Mega Alakazam –

6. Mega Gengar –

7. Mega Kangaskhan –

8. Mega Pinsir –

9. Mega Gyarados –

10. Mega Aerodactyl –

11. Mega Mewtwo X –

12. Mega Mewtwo Y –

13. Mega Ampharos –

14. Mega Scizor –

15. Mega Heracross –

16. Mega Houndoom –

17. Mega Tyranitar –

18. Mega Blaziken –

19. Mega Gardevoir –

20. Mega Mawile –

21. Mega Aggron –

22. Mega Medicham –

23. Mega Manectric –

24. Mega Banette –

25. Mega Absol –

26. Mega Garchomp –

27. Mega Lucario –

28. Mega Abomasnow –

29. Mega Beedrill –

30. Mega Pidgeot –

31. Mega Slowbro –

32. Mega Steelix –

33. Mega Sceptile –

34. Mega Swampert –

35. Mega Sableye –

36. Mega Sharpedo –

37. Mega Camerupt –

38. Mega Altaria –

39. Mega Glalie –

40. Mega Salamence –

41. Mega Metagross –

42. Mega Latias –

43. Mega Latios –

44. Mega Rayquaza –

45. Mega Lopunny –

46. Mega Gallade –

47. Mega Audino –

48. Mega Diancie –

49. Primal Kyogre -

50. Primal Groudon -

As always, commentary is very much encouraged! Currently, I'm going to propose a deadline of Thursday 27th July // 8pm BST for all scores, giving you about a week or so after the finish date of the Gen V rate to catch your breath. I'll let you know if this is going to change in due course.

Now, if you'll excuse me, @Rommers and I have some unfinished business to attend to.

[​IMG]

Have fun - bon chance!

* * *​

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017 at 12:03 AM
  2. My -1 for the main list is definitely going to result in some backlash.

[​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

4. Mixing the results feels like the most balanced option here in terms of maintaining everyone's attention throughout, but the megas are kind of a different gig, so hell if I know what's best!

5. I trust we all live for Malamar ha supervillain fantasy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Don't forget that signature evolution method. Only a legend.

7. Normally I'd want the lists combined, but I will not accept these stupid nostalgic Gen 1 stans getting Charizard near another Top 20. I demand segregation!

[​IMG]

Sprockrooster and send photo like this.
  8. Let me go back and check how random my scores for this gen feel after all this time. (I rated all mons around the time of the Gen 2 rate.)

EnsnareTheSenses likes this.
  9. Make way for the soon-to-be king. On ha way to demolishing that useless mascot.
    [​IMG]

10. This will probably be my 11, to be honest.

11. I'm ready for this. I love this gen.

As for the results, couldn't we have two separate lists, but revealed simultaneously? Like, the Megas have their own list, but both lists' results get revealed in order of score, so for example the first batch of eliminations would be

#73 - 4.5
    #72 - 4.6
    #71 - 4.7
    #M48 - 4.8
    #70 - 4.9
    #M47 - 5.0

I think this would be the most fun/fair way of doing things.

12. Not a tie at the poll right now. But I am here now.

13. Ah, yeah - that's what I'm meaning by the second option in the poll. I was leaning towards doing it this way, but didn't know if people might find it a little distracting/complicated to follow.

Glad you're excited! Gen VI, by and large, has a really great set of Pokémon, so I'm happy to be at the helm.

14. Just voted in the poll and made it a tie again. Oops. Anyway, Gen VI was a major high between Fairies and Megas.

Edit: Wait I changed my vote the integrated list was my preference

15. [​IMG]

16. Teebs take as long as you need honestly I'm a bit scared to start dd

Chris_P and Rommers like this.
  17. Ooooh I'm in cute fucking binch heaven. 10s for all.

[​IMG]

soratami likes this.
  18. I know right.

My average is going to be really high. Basically the only Pokémon I don't like from this gen are Binacle and Barbaracle, and even those aren't exactly 0 material.