'The Real Housewives...' series | Page 451 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'The Real Housewives...' series

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Smoke My Cigar, May 30, 2009.

1. I will be so glad if Erika has gone, she's had her time and we've seen the type of person she is. Some housewives have a quicker expiration date than others and Erika is one of them.

junglefish and LoveSoSoft like this.
  2. I've never seen fans turn on a housewife so fast as they have with Erika. She went from being a massive fan favorite to getting as much backlash as Phadrea & Kim Z, all within the span of a season. The fact she had to disable comments on instagram means she was getting nothing but hate. And as we saw at the reunion, she's clearly someone who can't handle a shred of criticism.

Good riddance too, just opens up another slot for Brandi's inevitable and necessary return!

junglefish, Pink Frost and LoveSoSoft like this.
  3. Erika had all the makings of a great housewife, moreso than most recent castings, which is why she quickly became a fan favorite. The problem is she isn't willing the play the game - at all - and acts she's honestly above the show, making it impossible to root for her.

4. She's a terrible popstar too. Her aesthetic is stuck in Sunset Strip.

5. The music is so bad. Like not even kitschy Luann bad where you can bop.

6. Even when I liked/enjoyed Erika I thought her music was terrible.

7. I knew her music was terrible, but I still liked it.

8. I'm really loving Potomac this season. Candiace is everything, her comment about Gizelle (or was it Charisse?) having a degree in hateration had me howling.

9. Candiace was iconic Charisse tried to patronise her by calling her "young" or "have respect" (something to that effect) and Candiace started calling Charisse a GERIATRIC GRANDMA!

10. Am I the only one not getting the Erika hate? I mean we have glasses being thrown, physical altercations yet Erika's snapping puts her in the same group as Phaedra and Brandi?

I'm bored of Erika Jayne so if that's why she is going, fine but anyone that would get rid of Erika before Teddi, Kyle and LVP needs to remind themselves that is is supposed to be a trashy reality show, not an episode of Loose Women.

LVP and Kyle no longer bring anything to the show, and Teddi are you fucking kidding me? Sure she is likeable but she has got to be one of the most boring housewives of all time. We can't afford another dud season.

diamondliam and Pink Frost like this.
  11. The problem is, I find Erika is more fitting than Teddi. Teddi's only amped it up since she has been met with less than stellar reviews.

orbison likes this.
  12. What is Erika doing that's entertaining though? She's just as boring as Teddi is.

13. There's no way they're getting rid of Rinna and Erika, and keeping Teddi and Dorit.

The first two are massive housewives. Teddi's cute, but she's not really housewife material. She doesn't blend well with the cast.

Even though LVP and Kyle haven't been doing anything to earn their salaries, Bravo won't get rid or demote them either.

My guess is that they'll give Camille another chance, and if she really brings it, she'll be a full-time housewife. If not, she'll be a friend again. I don't see them bringing back Brandi while LVP is in the show (unfortunately.)

Pink Frost likes this.
  14. I couldn't believe they put in an extended version argument of LVP taking Dorit off the magazine in the part 3 reunion... I was like "didn't I already see this?" They were really stretching out for three parts...

lushLuck, junglefish and Pink Frost like this.
  15. Surely Dorit saw the photographer's reaction when she watched the season and his utter refusal to use Dorit at all. I don't like LVP, but at least she managed to get the pictures in the magazine in some form, even if in a slightly back handed way.

It's not like Dorit is the new 'it girl' of the modelling world!

16. Her scenes when she's modeling... cringe worthy. She looked so awkward

Pink Frost and junglefish like this.
  17. I think it took me an hour to finish watching that sad dinner scene and the conversation between Bethenny and Dorinda. I just love Dorinda so much but damn that was rough.

tylerc904, truman and junglefish like this.
  18. So I've finally watched the last Bravo Real Housewives show that I haven't seen before. I expected worse from Potomac, just because I haven't heard great things from it until season 3 aired. There's actually drama and the women have attitude, feisty and ridiculous. However, I just don't connect with the cast at all. I don't find them interesting which made me tuned out especially the solo scenes. I just don't care. Total indifference. The cast lacks that spark and the star factor. Its not boring but I find it pretty boring just because the cast didn't grab my attention. Season 1 was the better season as I had a hard time paying attention to the second season. The show felt like a parody of the franchise, like a sitcom but not really a hilarious parody.

I haven't seen season 3 yet. So far, this is my second least favorite after DC. I also think "Potomac" adds more to its randomness. I just haven't heard that city before this show, and I'd be more interested for a Real Housewives of Las Vegas, San Francisco, Chicago, Maui, Anchorage, cities that I actually I heard of. Anyway, I hope season 3 is really good so I could finally warm up to the cast when I watch it.

LoveSoSoft likes this.
  19. This episode of RHONY showed exactly why it's the superior franchise.

The scene with a drunk Dorinda at dinner was painful and even though she didn't fully own up to her abusive relationship to alcohol the next day, that heart-to-heart with Bethenny on the plane felt like some of the realest TV in reality TV right now.

Really amazing stuff.

20. I agree with you about Potomac, but surprisingly the franchise really starts to deliver from season three.

I'm glad I stuck with it because I was about to drop it and I would have missed Karen and the epic wig battle!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lushLuck likes this.