The Reissue Thread! | Page 915 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. The sooner everyone realises this, the better.

Pop Life, imcal, djessie and 6 others like this.
  2. They always moan about vinyl being included in SDE box sets, Tango In the Night got slaughtered for including the vinyl within the box set. I personally want the vinyl so I'm glad when it's included in these releases.

3. So, this record has a sticker on front called "CERTIFIED" under which it states "Download included" and quotes a website called "thisiscertified.com". This is where I emailed them at asking how to access the download. I wrote that I purchased this picture disc on amazon.fr.
    Their reply left me worried about the future of mankind, as I never had an answer as stupid and lazy as this "Thank you for choosing Musictoday. We apologize, but we are not affiliated with Amazon. If you have further questions or concern, fee free to contact us".
    I low-key insulted her because I just can't waste more time with complete idiots like these.

KDX 125, Damita Jo, ModeRed and 2 others like this.
  4. Customer service with these companies is such a mixed bag... when I contacted Cherry Red about Sarah Cracknell's 'Red Kite'' album they were really helpful and emailed me a better quality download to use!

Incidentally if anyone would like a better version than the low bit rate one they offered with the record let me know (if that's ok to say here? Apols if not)

Joanie and Eric Generic like this.
  5. Digital-only expanded Rebbie Jackson "R U Tuff Enuff" is coming in February

Also: digital maxi singles of La Toya's Sony output, including some unreleased stuff, at the same time as Rebbie

Vasilios likes this.
  6. a physical reissue of La Toya's My Special Love album has been brutally overlooked,

7. Audio Fidelity is releasing a SACD of Quincy Jones' The Dude in the new year.

8. Oh can you list them please?

9. Bet'cha Gonna Need My Lovin'
    Heart Don't Lie
    Hot Potato
    Private Joy/I Like Everything You're Doin'
    One Step Up, Two Steps Back/Frustration

UnionJackMix likes this.
  10. Fleetwood Mac's first album with Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham is getting the deluxe treatment; coming in January.

Disc 1:
    1. Monday Morning (Remastered)
    2. Warm Ways (Remastered)
    3. Blue Letter (Remastered)
    4. Rhiannon (Remastered)
    5. Over My Head (Remastered)
    6. Crystal (Remastered)
    7. Say You Love Me (Remastered)
    8. Landslide (Remastered)
    9. World Turning (Remastered)
    10. Sugar Daddy (Remastered)
    11. I'm So Afraid (Remastered)
    12. Over My Head (Single Version) [Remastered]
    13. Rhiannon (Will You Ever Win) [Single Version] [Remastered]
    14. Say You Love Me (Single Version) [Remastered]
    15. Blue Letter (Single Version)

Disc 2:
    1. Monday Morning (Early Take)
    2. Warm Ways (Early Take)
    3. Blue Letter (Early Take)
    4. Rhiannon (Early Take)
    5. Over My Head (Early Take)
    6. Crystal (Early Version)
    7. Say You Love Me (Early Version)
    8. Landslide (Early Version)
    9. World Turning (Early Version)
    10. Sugar Daddy (Early Take)
    11. I'm So Afraid (Early Version)
    12. Over My Head (Live from The Burbank Studios, Burbank, CA, 1/26/76)
    13. Rhiannon (Live from The Burbank Studios, Burbank, CA, 1/26/76)
    14. Why (Live from The Burbank Studios, Burbank, CA, 1/26/76)
    15. World Turning (Live from The Burbank Studios, Burbank, CA, 1/26/76)
    16. Jam #2 (Remastered)
    17. I'm So Afraid (Early Take Instrumental)

Disc 3:
    1. Get Like You Used To Be (Live at Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ, 10/17/75)
    2. Station Man (Live at Jorgensen Auditorium, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, 10/25/75)
    3. Spare Me A Little (Live at Jorgensen Auditorium, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, 10/25/75)
    4. Rhiannon (Live at Jorgensen Auditorium, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, 10/25/75)
    5. Why (Live at Jorgensen Auditorium, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, 10/25/75)
    6. Landslide (Live at Jorgensen Auditorium, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, 10/25/75)
    7. Over My Head (Live at Campus Stadium, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 5/2/76)
    8. I'm So Afraid (Live at Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ, 10/17/75)
    9. Oh Well (Live at Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ, 10/17/75)
    10. The Green Manalishi (With The Two Pronged Crown) [Live at Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ, 10/17/75]
    11. World Turning (Live at Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ, 10/17/75)
    12. Blue Letter (Live at Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ, 10/17/75)
    13. Don't Let Me Down Again (Live at Jorgensen Auditorium, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, 10/25/75)
    14. Hypnotized (Live at Jorgensen Auditorium, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, 10/25/75)

Disc 4:
    1. Monday Morning (5.1 Surround Mix)
    2. Monday Morning (5.1 Surround Mix)
    3. Monday Morning (5.1 Surround Mix)
    4. Rhiannon (5.1 Surround Mix)
    5. Over My Head (5.1 Surround Mix)
    6. Crystal (5.1 Surround Mix)
    7. Say You Love Me (5.1 Surround Mix)
    8. Landslide (5.1 Surround Mix)
    9. World Turning (5.1 Surround Mix)
    10. Sugar Daddy (5.1 Surround Mix)
    11. I'm So Afraid (5.1 Surround Mix)
    12. Monday Morning (24/96 Stereo Audio)
    13. Warm Ways (24/96 Stereo Audio)
    14. Blue Letter (24/96 Stereo Audio)
    15. Rhiannon (24/96 Stereo Audio)
    16. Over My Head (24/96 Stereo Audio)
    17. Crystal (24/96 Stereo Audio)
    18. Say You Love Me (24/96 Stereo Audio)
    19. Landslide (24/96 Stereo Audio)
    20. World Turning (24/96 Stereo Audio)
    21. Sugar Daddy (24/96 Stereo Audio)
    22. I'm So Afraid (24/96 Stereo Audio)
    23. Over My Head (Single Version)
    24. Rhiannon (Will You Ever Win) [Single Version]
    25. Say You Love Me (Single Version)
    26. Blue Letter (Single Version)

Disc 5, Side 1:
    1. Monday Morning (Remastered)
    2. Warm Ways (Remastered)
    3. Blue Letter (Remastered)
    4. Rhiannon (Remastered)
    5. Over My Head (Remastered)
    6. Crystal (Remastered)

Disc 5, Side 2:
    1. Say You Love Me (Remastered)
    2. Landslide (Remastered)
    3. World Turning (Remastered)
    4. Sugar Daddy (Remastered)
    5. I'm So Afraid (Remastered)

11. It's a classic album, but probably the least essential of that line-up's output for me and we had the 2CD deluxe only a few years ago. So I'll likely wait for it to go in the sales.

12. Heads Up... The Wright Stuff next week....

Nick Heyward is guest one day and Pete Waterman is also a guest another day.

13. I love the Fleetwood Mac "debut" (for me!) but am not remotely tempted by this, thankfully.

Eric Generic likes this.
  14. Could use some Jellybean and Arthur Baker remixes.

Eric Generic likes this.

15. Would buy comps of Jellybean remixes and Arthur Baker Mixes in a instant if they existed on cd.

Eric Generic and idratherjack like this.
  16. So, my Phil Collins pre-order arrived on time from HMV (they even refunded me £1 as part of their price promise). It's smaller than I expected, but when I opened up the box I realise how they'd managed to slip 8 albums into such a slim clamshell case. Each album is in a card sleeve, but they're even flimsier than the usual ones you find in, say, the Warners/Rhino Original Album sets. Some of them haven't even been glued together properly, so my "...But Seriously" sleeve is misaligned with an ugly (and sharp) bit of the white card showing. I'll probably return it and get another set because I hate shoddy packaging that'll get ruined (and possibly cause a paper cut to my hands).

Other than that, the £15.99 pricetag can't be faulted, be interesting to hear if all the remasters are as impressive as Face Value.

UnionJackMix likes this.
  17. Hello folks and sincere apologies for my radio silence, which was caused by too much work and resulting sickness. I'll be trying to catch up with the various threads in the Comeback Corner (as well as the PSB rate).

I'm happy to read that the white Fleetwood Mac album will receive the deluxe treatment, even though I was secretely hoping they would include early versions of 'Sorcerer', which was basically earmarked for the album. Too bad that Stevie doesn't seem to generous with demos right now (though I don't blame her). Same thing happened with 'Joan of Arc' being left off the otherwise marvelous box set of Tango in the Night.

18. I have pre-ordered the Fleetwood Mac deluxe. The live tracks look great.

Eric Generic likes this.
  19. The Shakira deluxe I mentioned a few pages back is trucking along quickly. The English versions of Inevitable and Tú are stunning!

20. A couple of 80s singles have been re-done for Christmas;

[​IMG]

Yazoo's Only You, as featured in the Boots Xmas TV ad, is the original vocal by Alison Moyet with a new orchestral arrangement and is already out digitally; www.itunes.apple.com/gb/album/only-you-2017-version-single/1315145789

[​IMG]

a-ha's Take On Me, similar to the MTV Unplugged version, has been re-done in the studio acoustically. That is out digitally on December 1st; www.a-ha.com/news/single-news-take-on-me-2017-acoustic-out-on-1st-december