The Solange Rate - Voting open till July 31st | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Solange Rate - Voting open till July 31st

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Sprockrooster, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Yes! It feels like it is a finally beginning. First votes in and I am very pleased @lalaclairi_

2. Just checking in how it is going. I know there are other rates with all deadlines very soon, but if not for you: maybe a perfect weekend for you to do some scoring already? A casual reminder. Please do not call me a stalker (though I feel like I am one):

@alanmr
    @Kuhleezi (remember there is a 36-track version to rate in case of time issues)
    @send photo
    @HeartSwells
    @Stradiwhovius

Kuhleezi, alanmr and send photo like this.
  3. Just checking in how it is going. I know there are other rates with all deadlines very soon, but if not for you: maybe a perfect weekend for you to do some scoring already? A casual reminder. Please do not call me a stalker (though I feel like I am one):

@Lander
    @Terminus
    @Mr.Arroz
    @2014
    @eccentricsimply

2014 likes this.
  4. Just checking in how it is going. I know there are other rates with all deadlines very soon, but if not for you: maybe a perfect weekend for you to do some scoring already? A casual reminder. Please do not call me a stalker (though I feel like I am one):

@Remyky22 (you can leave solo star out and still do the extra's!)
    @RainOnFire
    @haps (not forgetting to summon you now)
    @Petty Mayonnaise
    @Serg.

Petty Mayonnaise and haps like this.
  5. Just checking in how it is going. I know there are other rates with all deadlines very soon, but if not for you: maybe a perfect weekend for you to do some scoring already? A casual reminder. Please do not call me a stalker (though I feel like I am one):

@A&E (remember you can do a short version of the rate too instead of doing it all)
    @CorgiCorgiCorgi
    @Furball
    @HollyDunnSomething
    @LPMA (you can only do 36 songs if time is against you)

CorgiCorgiCorgi likes this.
  6. Just checking in how it is going. I know there are other rates with all deadlines very soon, but if not for you: maybe a perfect weekend for you to do some scoring already? A casual reminder. Please do not call me a stalker (though I feel like I am one):

@LE0Night
    @theelusivechanteuse
    @Veeis (you are probably not home yet, but here is a friendly tag anyway)
    @andru
    @evilsin

LE0Night, andru and evilsin like this.
  7. And as promised: I rated solo star with an exact average (wow) of 6,0. This might mean it isnot that bad as it is in my memory. But it still lacks a 10. I did hand out two 9,0's however. So in my opinion there are two tracks that deserve to be top 30. But still putting this album compared to her other work (especially True and A Seat At The Table) it isnot a real fair comparison. My lowest score was a 1,0. And it deserved it! And it took me ages to find Blinded. I might take it off the scoring list if people cannot find it. Not sure how many of you got it when the album was still legally obtainable.

---

But enough about that tragic debut. I AM SEEING THIS QUEEN LIVE TONIGHT! OMG! If her setlist comes close to the Glastonbury one call me very perched! Especially after those reactions! Seeing her for the first time in my life combined with the rate I am hosting. I feel like this queen is going to inspire me to a next level.

8. I have some scores ready, just need to re-listen to Solo-Star and I'll send them your way. To answer your concern above, I'm struggling to find "Blinded" to purchase, or stream, or... otherwise... and I guess lots of others will too if they don't already own it or haven't already heard it by some other method so taking it off the list might be a good idea.

Hope you have a great time seeing her live tonight!

Sprockrooster likes this.
  9. Blinded was a Japanese Bonustrack from the album and considering the album got out of roulation it is almost impossible to find it. I did find it eventually in a rather unconvential way, but it wasnot worth the effort so to speak. I will check how many people scored it and decide afterwards if it can be part.

---

SOLANGE DID THAT! She wasnot the strongest vocal performance of the night (I saw queen Gladys do Hello live and right before Solange there was Mary J. Blige). But the whole esthetic is breathtaking combined with the message. Not saying much more until the writeups, but F.U.B.U. was my highlight.

send photo and andru like this.
  10. Time to put this back on the first page:

Is there news?

Yes, votes from @andru! And he also gave commentary for the albums, so if you feel like commenting on that album, you can do! I will add it onto the album stats reveal!

Upcoming:
    A tagging spree (for after the winners rate as that seems to be eating up time for some of you all)
    My thoughts about Sol-Angel

2,5 WEEKS TO GO!

constantino and send photo like this.
  11. Gonna try to get my scores done this weekend!

andru and Sprockrooster like this.
  12. I will get my scores to you in a week or so. xoxo

13. Have to say I probably won't take part, I only really got into True; I liked ASATB but didn't properly love it. All the best Sprocky! xx

14. Might be closer to Tuesday or Wednesday -- forgot about the Dua Lipa/Kehlani/Alessia Cara/Zara Larsson rate. So much good music to rate, so little time!

15. Great. You still have two weeks left, so no rush. But I do love to get a score soon again!

---

Tomorrow I will present my Sol-Angel and the Hadley St Dreams scores. I am finally free from work and can finally dedicate my life again to this. Oh and I booked a holiday from the 21st till the 28th of July to Sicily, so expect to do a tagging spree right before it (and after as voting is looking to end on the 31st of July). That tagging spree excludes you @HeartSwells. No worries! If you change your mind you are obviously welcome to join in! There must be hidden gems for you in her discography too!

send photo and CorgiCorgiCorgi like this.
  16. Job hunting is taking its toll, I'm not sure if I'll have the time to do a full rate but I'm trying to make up for it by being a good Judy and every track has commentary so far.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  17. I rated solo star with an exact average (wow) of 6,0. This might mean it isnot that bad as it is in my memory. But it still lacks a 10. I did hand out two 9,0's however. So in my opinion there are two tracks that deserve to be top 30. But still putting this album compared to her other work (especially True and A Seat At The Table) it isnot a real fair comparison. My lowest score was a 1,0. And it deserved it! And it took me ages to find Blinded. I might take it off the scoring list if people cannot find it. Not sure how many of you got it when the album was still legally obtainable.

Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams
    I rated Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams with an average of 8,33. And that feels satisfying. Above an 8,0 making it a brilliant album, but as I love both True and A Seat At The Table much more there should be some room in average. The 18-track affair managed to get in only three 10's. Which isnot much for 18 tracks, but I am really trying to be nitpicky here. I cannot 10 everything. It is however drowned in 8's and 9's making the strong average. Also helping is the lowest score of a single 6,0. A 6,0 in my book is good filler. It is above average and most of the time I see it as a good a b-side. I could do without it on the standard album, but it doesnot warrant me to skip it. Definitely a cohesive album with at the same time a lot of variety in the mo-town sound!

send photo likes this.
  18. Not me actually starting this and enjoying the first album a bit.

19. I'm sorry for bumping this, but I just found Solange's demo for Michelle's We Break The Dawn and I'm LIVING. I didn't know she wrote it and her version even existed.

20. I'm gonna do the 36 to start and see where that takes me xx