The Tori Amos thread | Page 25 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Tori Amos thread

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by ladygagaogaga, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Under The Pink is my favourite album of all time. Everything about it, is outstanding. *looks at framed poster of the album cover*

2. Little Earthquake was my 'coming out of the closet' album. And it has taught me a lot about feminism.

WhipperSnapper likes this.
  3. Baker Baker is a beautiful song and one of my favorites. Tori does heartbreak like no other.

4. I just kind of assume Tori and Depeche just aren't "Pop" enough for the main forum.
    Perhaps George Michael, Bowie and the PSBs had had many more "Popular" hits and the younglings know who they are?
    Anyway I don't mind that Tori is in here, I come here more often I think.

5. As long as Macy Gray, George Michael, Alanis Morissette and Lena Philipsson are in the main forum, Tori should be moved there as well.

6. Macy Gray has her own thread?!

7. And Sade

MrBartolozzi likes this.
  8. So I've officially made my way through Little Earthquakes, Under the Pink, and Boys For Pele. I can confidently say that Little Earthquakes is my favorite. Then Under the Pink. Boys is third.

My favorite things I've heard from her are Crucify, Winter, Sugar, and the only post-these-albums song I know Sorta Fairytale.

The Y Kant Tori Read on the other hand, remains an absolute treasure.

Joanie and CatastropheBoy like this.
  9. ^^ I'm not sure how much you've played them but Earthquakes is fabulous but definitely the most instant of the three. The other two took several more listens but both reveal themselves to be equally good if more left field with time.

10. This is what I'm expecting. Sort of like Jagged Little Pill being the instant favorite, but now being my actual fourth favorite Alanis album.

CatastropheBoy likes this.

11. - when the live improvs are infinitely superior to some artists' studio recorded work, you know they are truly something special.

12. Does Tori have an 0304, Liz Phair, or to a less obvious extent So-Called Chaos in her catalogue? I love when these 90's alt-girls lean into the pop sensibilities.

13. Not for the course of a full album. These are probably as pop as she gets.