The Travel Thread | Page 34 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Travel Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hitori, May 23, 2012.

1. Lab is great, but I mean it's a sex club so I wouldn't necessarily be going there for the music; you're pretty much obligated to take your clothes off once you're inside on a non-theme night. I think alone is probably best...

Remember to ask for a stamp at the end so you can cut the line at Berghain afterwards!

Vasilios and dodoriazarbon like this.
  2. B-b-b-bangkok city in 2 weeks. Can't wait. Does anyone have recommendations for a beachy place in Thailand that's not too expensive?

D is for Danger! likes this.
  3. I'm going to Thailand in the winter, if anyone has tips - please let me know!

Seger likes this.
  4. Girl, that stopped working years ago

5. @Laurence @Mikl C

Bangkok is amazing and a total headfuck, and try and fit a trip up to Chiang Mai in the north if you have time. In Bangkok, visit some of the amazing temples (Wat Pho for example) and take the boat down the Chaopraya river too. Take a cooking class, go see some Thai boxing, and visit the incredible night markets. I also really enjoyed looking around the crazy department stores in Bangkok (check out the upper floors of MBK for great fake stuff). Take the BTS Skytrain as often as you can rather than having to deal with taxis and traffic.

There's LOTS of good blogs from ex-pats who live in Thailand giving great tips and places to go if you have a google around.

For beach resorts, I'd really avoid visiting the larger/more popular party ones (eg Ko Samui, Phuket, Ko Phi Phi) and do some research on less touristy ones (Koh Mak, Koh Samet, Ko Lanta, places around Krabi). In general they are very cheap.

Laurence and D is for Danger! like this.
  6. Thank you so much , this has been a lot of help.
    If everything goes according to plan, I should arrive in Munich on a Monday very early, and I have to be in Switzerland (in Walzenhausen) on Thursday in the afternoon. So that gives me 3 days? in Munich. How many cities of the ones you mentioned do you think I could visit? And which ones do you recommend the most? I'll be there in February

7. Nurnburg and Salzburg are the most popular/touristy, but to be honest Munich is a fantastic city so even if you only manage to fit one trip outside of Munich, you won't be disappointed. All of the recommendations are easy to get to by train and you can be there and back to wherever within the day.

Florencia. likes this.
  8. Hey! In Feburary of next year I'm going on holidays to Thaliand (Krabi and Phi Phi area), Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. It will be my first time in this places, I want tips like best area or hotel to stay in each city, things to do, where to eat, where to shop, etc...
    Thanks!

9. I'm at Gatwick waiting for my flight to Japan - any recommendations are really welcome. I'm there for 2.5 weeks so I'll be going all over.

D is for Danger! and mcuk like this.
  10. I'm going to Disneyland Paris for 4 days

[​IMG]

11. HidaTakayama was lovely and one of my fave places. Hiroshima and Miyajima are great too. I found Kyoto overrated as fuck.

D is for Danger! and Dejan like this.
  12. Thank you. All of those are on my todo list. I’ve got 3 nights in Kyoto but loads of day trips from there but it’s so difficult to know what you’re gonna like so keeping my fingers crossed, I’ve tried to pick a different range of places.

I wish I’d upgraded to business though. 16hours of flying is lonnng.

13. I've been studying in Prague for the past few months and now that my program is about to wrap up, I'm deciding whether to stay here or move on. I have been considering Lisbon, Barcelona or Berlin. Do any of you live in any of these cities, and if so, what is your favorite/ least favorite thing about living there?

14. Charley

Charley Moderator

I've never lived there, but having visited Berlin I can honestly say it is an amazing city. Especially as it's so big as well, with lots of very different areas to explore, which should keep it very interesting for a very long time!

15. Charley

Charley Moderator

I'll be in Dublin twice this month, once to see Steps in concert, once for work. I did the obvious touristy stuff last time I was there, but if anyone has any good restaurant recommendations that would be amazing!

Terminus likes this.
  16. Ddd I did not know Steps were on tour! Where's it on? I'll stand outside and look for some PJ Steps stans to fight.

17. Charley likes this.
  18. I'm travelling to New York next Monday for two weeks, staying in Brooklyn. I haven't been there since 2002 and I'm sure it's changed a lot since then.

Any tips on not so obvious places to go? From food and drinks to book and record stores (I already have Record Runner on my to do list).

I trust people on this forum when it comes to these things.

Thanks!

19. I just found out I'm headed to London the third weekend of December. Obviously a lot of you probably have great familiarity. Would love some fun nightlife, food, entertainment recommendations!

20. @nastyboy1981 – New York's changed a lot since 2002, obviously. Now a lot of the good stuff – record shops, bars, restaurants – are in Brooklyn, so you'll probably be spending less time in Manhattan. I'd have a rummage through sites like Lonely Planet to see how/what's new since you've been. Ohmyrockness is a good resource to see which shows/free instores/etc are on across the city too. Off the top of my head, some brief recommendations: check out Rough Trade, the new Whitney art museum, Chelsea Market, MoMA PS1, and Brooklyn Bridge park.

@selectual – have you been to London before?