The Travel Thread | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Travel Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hitori, May 23, 2012.

1. Amsterdam

2. Amsterdam for sure, Im a Dutchie

3. I'd do Amsterdam – lovely atmosphere, fun nightlife if you're looking for that, friendly people, and lots of cultural stuff to keep you busy during the day.

4. The plan has now changed. I'm now going to New York instead haha

D is for Danger! likes this.
  5. Anyone have any suggestions of things to do in Hawaii besides lazing about on the beach? I have about 10 days.

6. Listen to this: http://www.rupaulpodcast.com/episodes/2017/8/2/episode-109-hawaii

I seem to remember them mentioning some good food, and an app which sounds great - but maybe only when you're driving - it's been a minute since I heard this.

7. Eat lots of food.

8. R92

R92

So tomorrow I’m flying off to Shanghai for a ten-day solo trip. I’ve been excited for it since I’ve booked, but in the last day or so, there’s been a ton of nervousness and anxiousness arising over it. I’m realizing that it’s the first solo trip I’ve ever taken, considering I’ve only ever traveled internationally with family or for school, so it’ll be my first time being truly on my own. Does anyone have any tips or has been to Shanghai and can let me know if there’s anything I need to know?

9. Solo trips can be quite scary at first, but once you arrive at your destination all that anxiety and fear will soon disappear. You’ll have so much to see and do. Don’t forget to eat all the things!! Staying at a hostel can be a great way to meet new people.

I’ve never been to Shanghai, so I can’t really offer any advice on that. Have fun and be safe!!!

R92 likes this.
  10. I'm so enthused by how people are going out of their way to avoid Trump Tower in NY. The only people that are going up to it are not American

11. Shanghai is awesome and a good choice of city for your first solo trip in China, as it's quite international/westernised.

There are lots of nice walking tours (download routes online) that you can do around the colonial era buildings.

Stroll along the Bund at night and see the lovely skyline. If you want to treat yourself, go to 'M on The Bund' for a cocktail (dress code might be smart casual) to see the skyline at night. It's a bit pricey, but the view is great.

R92 likes this.