The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #494b (top 10 picks!) | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Popstar Countdown 2017 - #494b (top 10 picks!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Mvnl, May 8, 2017.

1. I love how most of these videos end with a massive bop!

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Kinda going for that on purpose!
    In general trying to have 'something for everyone' in each video. Might get harder once we're past the 1-vote-stage though, cause the order is pretty much determined by points then.

3. I'm sure 5ive would agree with that!

My #36 picked up a second vote now? Never expected that, but well-deserved!

I wonder where the Power Ranger ended up this time.

4. And to think I nearly dropped her!

londonrain and Mvnl like this.
  5. @mump boy why didn't you come to her rescue? You stan!

Island, londonrain and Mvnl like this.
  6. Yes get it Tulisa!
    [​IMG]

Island likes this.
  7. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

That's it for the #35s!

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  8. I really miss Camera Obscura.

9. 2014

2014 Moderator

Yas at The Noisettes and the Alien Ant Farm song!

10. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

The 2 last Noisettes albums were brilliant.

londonrain likes this.
  11. Alien Ant Farm. I loved that album back in the day. Of course "Movies" is right up there with:

iheartpoptarts and Sprockrooster like this.
  12. Bobby Womack is excellent. My favorite of his is "That's The Way I Feel About You" (that scream at the end!) but I also love "Across 110th Street," "Daylight," and of course "If You Think You're Lonely Now." Seems appropriate to pick the song that got named-checked by Mariah for this countdown, so good choice to whoever voted for him!

londonrain and Mvnl like this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I knew that title rang a bell and obviously knew Mariah's song but somehow never put 2 and 2 together there, so thanks!

londonrain and Aester like this.
  14. Panic! At The Disco was an inspired choice, as was 'Heartbreaker' by Dionne Warwick I bloody love that song!

Camera Obscura seem like a band I'd love?

15. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

It still makes me insanely happy to see people (potentially) discovering new acts.
    Maybe even more when it's the acts that didn't do much for me except question 'if this montage didn't include too many unknown acts'.
    I mean, it should be obvious since these are all acts someone cared enough about to vote for them, but really everyone's getting something different out of these videos.

Cults and Got A Girl are my favourite discoveries thusfar.

16. Another act I came to love, Saint Saviour was also because of this countdown.

Mvnl and marie_05 like this.
  17. Based on your appreciation of Cults and Eternal Summers I'd say yes you would

Mvnl and P'NutButter like this.
  18. I apologise in advance to the person who voted for Jacques Brel for my being so basic when it comes to choosing cover versions.

londonrain and Sprockrooster like this.
  19. Sinitta and Dionne Warwick.

This is why I love Popjustice.

20. No offence to whoever voted for Kimberly Walsh, but you have terrible taste.