The X Factor (2017) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The X Factor (2017)

Discussion in 'The X Factor' started by Shockbox, Apr 2, 2017.

1. I'm strangely upset about this.

2. My favourite thing about this is that they are filming auditions in Thorpe Park to "win back the viewers". WTF?!

I don't think reduced live shows is the way forward as they have always been my favourite part of the show. I really hope they cut down on the 6 Chair Bloody Challenge though as that always brings the series to a grinding halt for about 8 hours.

No novelty acts sounds like a good idea. They just make a mockery of the whole thing. If the show doesn't care about finding real talent, why should the audience? Honey G going through over the many good contestants who got ditched at Judge's Houses was a real jumping the shark moment.

aniraz likes this.
  3. As usual, they seem to be making the wrong changes! I appreciate that the revamp with Grimshaw, Murs etc was not without problems, but it was at least a step in the right direction. Simon Cowell needs to remove himself from the panel, he can't offer anything more, much like Louis and Sharon ran out of steam years ago. I quite liked having room auditions Saturdays, with arena auditions on Sundays, it gave some structure and variety to the scheduling. Somehow 6 chair challenge needs to be done faster, without skipping over it. Would be fun to see more of the process involved in making up a few bands from various cast-offs at bootcamp. Perhaps the soloists could skip bootcamp and go straight to 6 chair? Judges Houses is still my favourite stage, but they could maximise its potential by using it for online content (the contestants' second songs, travel blogs etc). Reducing the live shows is silly, as you don't leave enough time for acts to grow, or decline.

4. Double eliminations is a terrible idea, that year the rugby was on was terrible and led to Only The Young's unfair elimination without even the chance of a sing-off (yes, I'm still not over that).

Betty_ and diamondliam like this.
  5. I wonder what the basis is for making these decisions - financial? Sponsorship from Thorpe Park?

I thought ITV said a couple of years of ago that X Factor was all about the live shows?

6. Tommy Robinson does state facts though you may not like it but it's the truth.

7. No that was stupid. Why bother watching the Saturday night when you could just watch the Sunday and see if they get through?

I can understand why they are cutting down on live shows. Last year's live shows were an absolute chore but that's to do with the lacklustre song choices and staging.

They should keep room auditions and bootcamp. Cut the 6 chair challenge. I don't know anyone who enjoys that. Judges house stays and then live shows. If they are having double eliminations then there should be a sing off on both nights.

The show is due to start end of August so this means that the show must be ending earlier this year - late November/early December?

8. Do you mean one elimination on a Saturday night and one elimination on a Sunday night (i.e. the day after)? I think that would add tension to the show. I don't like two eliminations in one programme.

9. Honey G was one of the best things about last year's series and I don't care what people say. When half the other acts are relying on sob stories and going on an emotional journey you need someone out there having fun and offering a bit of musical variety.

I love that she still has people shook all these months later, even if her new single is rather shit. When will Olly Murs etc.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    diamondliam likes this.
  10. How I miss Dannii Minogue on UK Xfactor

Subspace88 likes this.