The X Factor 2018 | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

The X Factor 2018

Discussion in 'The X Factor' started by bichard, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Part of the problem is the press starts 4 months before the show starts. So it feels like is being banged on about for 8 or 9 months of the year. Not that it helps that is actually on for 5 months anyway.

2. Not this getting messy and Louis calling the lawyers in.

3. Changing up the panel really didn't work last time (Rita Ora, Grimmy etc.) so they'd have to get it spot on this time to save the show.

And will bringing Cheryl back really save the show? It would probably bring in high viewing figures for the first few episodes.

4. Cheryl has now been ruled out of returning as she'll be on Simon's new BBC dance show instead... the plan all along probably.

Rita Ora's name being thrown back in.

GRMusic likes this.

5. They need to dial up the drama and bring back the sing-offs and judges voting. Last year was so boring.

6. Start with 40 contestants make the show 5 hours long and have an elimination of the bottom 28 after the end of week 1.

Then get rid of 4 bring back 6. Allow a wild card for producer elimination. So we have 15. Have a triple elimination and then have a final and announce a winner.

James2009 and -scott- like this.
  7. I didn’t watch at all last year and it was so...freeing.

It’s just had it’s day, the best thing would be for Louis and Sharon to have to return because of contracts, some irrelevant poor soul to fill the fourth judging spot, ratings to plummet even further and ITV to finally find something to replace it on a Saturday night, making this the last year (for a while at least).

Pop Gaz likes this.
  8. Last year was actually the strongest in years, and the talent was really good. They need to stop thinking that my changing the panel or adding a younger artist it is going to attract young viewers. It isn't.

Rob and Cundy like this.
  9. I'm just thinking about how there was only two series of Popstars... and I wonder how it would have fared if they'd brought it back in 2012/13 when The X Factor was starting to slump.

I think the time has probably passed now but I'm surprised no one thought there was still mileage in the 'Popstars' format in a post-One Direction, post-Little Mix world.

Rob likes this.
  10. The last thing anyone needs is another Kym Marsh or Mylene Klass.

baxterclan likes this.
  11. But another Petrie Edwards or Nadine Coyle wouldn’t go amiss.

12. [​IMG]

13. I swear to Christ if Rita has delayed her album to hitch herself to this shit show I’ll be furious.

MadameX likes this.
  14. Surely anything that delays a Rita Ora album is a force for good in the world.

JMRGBY88 and Shockbox like this.
  15. This is the worst thing you've ever said.

Smooth Criminal, Remorque and Island like this.
  16. I’d prefer a new Jentina album.

Remorque and Mike like this.
  17. The best thing ITV could do at this point is to alternate their shows in the same time slot.

So it could be like

2018 - The X Factor
    2019 - The Voice
    2020 - Popstars

Repeat. Maybe people would get less fatigued with a specific show that way?

Baby Clyde likes this.
  18. It's as if they want everyone to stop watching.

19. But another Michelle Heaton is just fine!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.