The X Files | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The X Files

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by spillett, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  2. Re: The X-Files - returning to TV?

Already posted in Random TV stuff + this should just go into the bigger X-Files thread for now, no ?

3. Re: The X-Files - returning to TV?

I couldn't find another thread.

4. Re: The X-Files - returning to TV?

Weird. I was convinced there was a big one.

5. Re: The X-Files - returning to TV?

I wonder if it would be anything like the comics. I'd love them to adapt the "Year Zero" story. Flashbacks to a case in the 1940s while Mulder and Sully continue to investigate it in the present would make for a great TV show.

I have long wondered why the call it "The X-Files" when there's no hyphen in the logo.

6. Re: The X-Files - returning to TV?

I still haven't seen the second movie.

Nor do I really understand more than 20% of the main storyline. It started to make sense to me somewhere around season 5 and then I lost track again.

7. BTG

BTG

Re: The X-Files - returning to TV?

Don't bother with the second movie. It's a colossal disappointment.

8. Re: The X-Files - returning to TV?

I'm so excited. Please let it be as amazing as it deserves to be!

Can we call the thread "The X Files" though as there's no hyphen in the logo and I'm really petty like that.

9. kal

kal

Totally here for this!

10. Re: The X-Files - returning to TV?

If it's only six episodes, I'm guessing it's a six-episode continuing story tying into the mythology? A six-episode season would be a bit pointless if half of them are gonna be standalones.

ALSO WHAT WILL IT BE CALLED.

11. Re: The X-Files - returning to TV?

It's officially called "The X-Files" though : http://www.fox.com/the-x-files/thexfiles

It's labeled as a stand-alone "series event" so yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll be a continuing storyline.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  12. Re: The X-Files - returning to TV?

I am totally here for a 6-part mythology episode! I always loved the mythology ones, more so than the stand-alones. They were so edge-of-your-seat exciting (until the final series). I really can't believe it's happening!

13. Re: The X-Files - returning to TV?

The comic is coming to an end with issue #25. It seems one must die for the other to live.

14. Re: The X-Files - returning to TV?

How exciting!

15. Re: The X-Files - returning to TV?

I've had the complete box set for years, if never been able to get through it all fully. Some episodes I've not seen since they aired originally. Need to crack on with re-viewing before this airs.

16. Re: The X-Files - returning to TV?

I have seasons one and seasons five to nine on DVD, but I don't have two, three or four, which is annoying, but I also can't bring myself to buy them when I'll probably never even get around to rewatching them.

Some of my favorite DVD covers of any show, though.

17. BTG

BTG

My OCD appreciates DVD releases with matching spines.

18. Re: The X-Files - returning to TV?

Was 'The X Files' actually good? Like on this scale where would you rate it?

ROSWELL>>>>>>>>>>CHARMED>>>>>>>>>>>>>FIREFLY>>>>>>>>>>>ANGEL>>>>>>>>>>BUFFY