The X Files | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The X Files

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by spillett, Jan 19, 2015.

1. I want no less that 8 mythology episodes.

And a bettter wig for Gillian.

2. I agree. I wasn't a watcher during the show's original run but since the 6 ep mini-series, I've been watching the repeats on and off on the Spike channel and although it still isn't quite enough for me to take the plunge and dive in fully, I've definitely become a fan, proper. Prior to the mini, I'd only seen the second movie and a random episode here and there.

Despite my only having a scant knowledge of it beforehand, I really enjoyed the mini-series. I liked that they managed to update it, but it still felt so 90s in many ways. They pulled that off well. You could've slotted them into the series' first run quite easily. 6 regular length episodes was way too short, though, especially as they weren't all mythology stories. Added to the big cliffhanger ending, there was no way it'd be okay to end it like that.

Smooth Criminal likes this.
  3. I'm a huge X Files fan but never got around to finishing the miniseries for some reason. I'm excited it's coming back again. Ten episodes is the perfect length to do something good with it.

4. Wasn't it Gillian's natural hair dyed red?

As long as we don't get anything as awful as Baby long I'll be happy. Of course while that episode was awful, I loved Lauren Ambrose. Bring her back!

5. No, she wore a wig.

6. kal

kal

Who cares about Scully's hair when THAT CLIFFHANGER happened though?

7. Yeah, but
    if the good sis Scully is going to be abducted by aliens (again) I'd want it to be with better hair.

Glenolabar, LP, kal and 1 other person like this.
  8. kal

kal

I don't think it's aliens.

9. I'm enjoying this so far (you can sign up for a free trial)
    [​IMG]

Based upon the graphic novels by Joe Harris - with creative direction from series creator Chris Carter - and adapted specifically for the audio format by aural auteur Dirk Maggs (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Alien: Out of the Shadows), Cold Cases marks yet another thrilling addition to the pantheon of X-Files stories. Featuring a mind-blowing and otherworldly soundscape of liquefying aliens, hissing creatures, and humming spacecraft, listeners get to experience the duo's investigations like never before.

Set after the events of The X-Files: I Want to Believe and providing additional backstory to the incidents that pulled Mulder and Scully out of reclusion prior to 2016's miniseries revival, a database breach at FBI headquarters allows an unknown group to access and capitalize on those investigations left unsolved - dubbed cold cases - by the secret department once known as The X-Files. As friends and foes of the agency long thought gone begin to inexplicably reappear, former agents Mulder and Scully come out of anonymity to face a growing conspiracy that involves not only their former department but the US government and forces not of this world.

Here, fans are treated once again to Mulder and Scully's irreplicable chemistry as only the series' leads could deliver, Duchovny's deadpan and cynical aloofness finding its natural counterpoint in Anderson's unwavering intelligence and rigidity. Appearances from series regulars and the actors who made them fan favorites round out this must-listen arc: the gruff, no-BS righteousness of Walter Skinner (Mitch Pileggi); the distinctive click-puff of the Cigarette Smoking Man (William B. Davis); and the stooge-like hijinks of three beloved conspiracy theorists called the Lone Gunmen (Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund, and Bruce Harwood).

Whether you're a believer or a skeptic, find your "I Want to Believe" poster. Break out that makeshift alien stiletto. Grab a pack of Morley cigarettes.

The truth is out there. You just have to listen.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/18/x-files-cold-cases-david-duchovny-interview/

LP and Tribal Spaceman like this.
  10. Seems they are based on the 'season 10' comics from a couple of years back;

11. Yassss! Thanks for this. You get a free 3 month trails with one book every month for free if you're a Prime customer so I'm downloading this now!

LP and spillett like this.
  12. I just hope that Scully doesn't revert to being a skeptic after having A FUCKING UFO HOVERING ABOVE HER HEAD!

And don't bring back those two Mulder/Scully wannabes. For the love of god, no.

13. As mentioned, it's based on the comics from a couple of years ago and is set post the I Want to Believe movie and before the recent mini series.

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  14. Oh I was talking above Season 11 sorry!

15. kal

kal

It was an ARV though. And they actually got abducted in the end scene?

But yeah after all she’s been through it would be wild if she became a skeptic again.

16. Scully's continued scepticism in the mini-series confused me. I've mentioned before I didn't watch the show in its entirety but I've seen enough episodes (and the two movies) to know she encountered things on their investigations that are obviously paranormal, beyond a shadow of a doubt. How can she still not believe? Did they delve into this at any point?

The trailer for "Cold Cases" is really cool. I saw it as an ad on Youtube on my phone and thought it was for the next season haha. Pretty rad that they've gotten David and Gillian, and some of the other recurring actors to provide voice work for it.

LP likes this.
  17. Scully wasn't really a sceptic in the mini series? If anything she was just over the whole thing.

18. LP

LP

Loving the audiobook. Mulder doesn't sound like Mulder though.

spillett likes this.
  19. The wig is back...

LP, ChiquitaPlantain and DoggySwami like this.
  20. I wasn't a huge fan of the wig but I'll take it. I have a feeling this series will be a lot better than the previous one, and they'll take more chances.

LP and spillett like this.