The X Files | Page 24 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The X Files

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by spillett, Jan 19, 2015.

1. That was Haley Joel Osment!?

2. kal

kal

Amazing episode!

Smooth Criminal likes this.
  3. I loved it, I always enjoyed these quirky funny episodes. The Were Monster from the last season was also like that, I couldn't stop laughing.

Smooth Criminal likes this.
  4. It was good, I'm still not sure about this season. I'm still waiting for a 'classic' X-Files from this season.

5. The last three episodes were much better! I can't believe they went with that season premiere. It really killed the show.

6. In an ideal world they would just do an 8 episode run based on one story. Kind of like Homeland but obviously more X-Files. That said, the mythology is so messed up now I guess we need the 'monster of the week' episodes to break up the confusion of what's actually going on.

7. I just watched the first episode of the new series (I know I'm behind USA pace). I want to cry. It was so so so so SHIT! It was like a bad parody.

Osiris likes this.
  8. Just caught up with last week's episode which was pretty good. Wasn't sure where it was going to begin with but it surpassed my expectations and left me wanting more. It could have been a 2-parter.

9. Hurrah! Finally an episode which felt like a classic X Files! Loved it.

ElectricKnight likes this.
  10. Is that the Skinner one you're talking about? Totally agree - a proper story & investigation, great interaction between the three leads, Haley Joel Osment was great too. This season has been miles better than Season 10.

spillett likes this.
  11. Yes. I have to say I did not recognise Haley Joel Osment...

It actually was really creepy when Mulder went back to the trailer searching for the Haley Joel Osment character and the vinyl record was playing that weird song... it was scary.

I feel this season works better than the last also, though Scully's voice annoys me. It sounds like she's been smoking 80-a-day since the end of Season 9. Why is her voice always so low and croaky now? At least the wig looks decent!

johnoclock and ElectricKnight like this.
  12. Six episodes in and it's even more starkly obvious what an absolute STINKER the premiere was. I suppose it was somewhat unavoidable because they had the obligation to retcon the Season 10 closer, but it has set the show on a collision course towards an end game that everyone's seen and nobody wants.

The episode on collective memory really was brilliant, and blended comedy/intrigue so well. I've basically reached the point where it is clear the mythology is a shackle to the writers, where every time they return to it, it becomes anticlimactic, nonsensical and increasingly convoluted. The monster of the week episodes are far more intelligent, relevant and creative, and have been the better vehicle for character development.

Now we're into the rhythm of the season I am really enjoying it, but can't help but feel dread for the inevitable car chase/smoking-man/viral contagion nonsense we started with.

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  13. They should never have ended the mini series with a cliffhanging like that. It's clear they had no idea where they were going with it and there was no decision whether any more episodes would even be made.

I'm just glad this season is more serious in tone. A lot of the last one had them constantly referring to earlier years or how old they were now etc. Also, thank God we haven't seen any more of Einstein and whatever the other guy is called.

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  14. Trailer for the next episode. What on earth?!

15. I know! I thought she had a cold when filming the first episode but her voice kept being really low. I have no idea what happened.

This is off until Feb 28th because of the Olympics. Boo!

16. Black Mirror is SHOOK.

17. Happy to see the iconic red bob back.

Tribal Spaceman and #teamdodd! like this.
  18. Did Charlie Brooker write that episode?!

19. Oh. Boo.