The xx - I See You (Album) + Singles | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The xx - I See You (Album) + Singles

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Oct 11, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

Kyle., constantino, 2014 and 4 others like this.
  2. Hopefully it sounds more like the Jamie xx album.

Jonathan27 likes this.
  3. Interesting to see The Duritti Column & Tears For Fears on their Spotify 'Studio Inspirations', both of those would be amazing reference points.

Mr Blonde, Andy French and Noir like this.
  4. I really I don't know what I want from The xx in 2017.

5. Tentatively excited.

alanmr likes this.
  6. I'm afraid to get excited given how they said they were working on this years ago.

7. I could never get into their second album.

Euphoria likes this.
  8. Expecting more of the same.

PEARL likes this.
  9. They're one of the few bands for whom I can say their music comes alive in concert, but often falls completely flat in recorded form.

10. I loved seeing Baltimore there. Here for a dub track ft Rihanna.

11. I was actually galloping around my house cleaning and thought aloud "where the fuck are the fucking xx?" mere hours before receiving the email from them, so stars must be aligning.

I'll happily take more of the same - I was a little unconvinced by the second album at first, but it's a masterpiece.

12. Please don't say their track titles are going to be 'edgy' like Bon Iver's last album.

13. Album out Jan 13th. New single On Hold out now.

14. It's nice, I guess, but nothing amazing. Can definitely hear a bit of Jamie's influence more.

15. SMG

SMG

This is brilliant. They're definitely playing off Jamie's raised profile.

16. [​IMG]

CD – 10 tracks, encased in a jewel case with debossed mirri covers

Standard Vinyl LP – 10 tracks, in a debossed mirri board sleeve with a CD copy of the album.

Deluxe Box Set: Silver mirri board debossed hard box containing the album on 180g heavyweight vinyl, with an extra 12” including 3 bonus tracks, CD version of the album, enhanced CD featuring a live video of ‘Brave For You (Marfa Demo)’, and 3 exclusive prints by Alasdair McLellan.

Box set bonus vinyl
    A1. Naive
    B1. Seasons Run
    B2. Brave For You (Marfa Demo)

Release date: 13/1/17

PEARL likes this.
  17. 2014

2014 Moderator

Coexist was a bit same-y but On Hold has me a little excited, and that cover is gorgeous - simple but so striking.

18. Love

Bolton, Kyle., Mr Blonde and 3 others like this.
  19. Absolutely love it. Really, really fantastic marriage between The first two albums and Jamie's solo ventures.

Very excited for the album!

Ferk likes this.
  20. WAIT at Hold On being a legitimate bop.

So so good, perfect for winter!

Bolton and Ferk like this.
d