This Is The One: The Utada Hikaru Albums Rate *VOTING CLOSES 9PM BST* | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Is The One: The Utada Hikaru Albums Rate *VOTING CLOSES 9PM BST*

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by TheChoirgirlHotel, Jun 19, 2017.

1. This is a way too daunting task, but as I'm really getting into KPOP, I'll definitely follow along!

Slice of Life and send photo like this.
  2. Two first albums down! Unfortunately my least favorite of hers and still nothing lower than a 6.

3. Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  4. Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  5. send photo likes this.
  6. send photo and Sprockrooster like this.
  7. I will do my best. I still have a lot to listen to.

send photo and TheChoirgirlHotel like this.
  8. Automatic Part II is a bop tbh

9. I will not be voting. Her music is not my style and though I kind of like Fantome last year and already found a discovery in her version of Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence this is way too much new music for me to do this rate justice by. Especially as it not exactly my cup of tea music wise. I do wish to watch and comment (like I already did). So what you all decide as the best songs are definitely going to be checked out by me!

TheChoirgirlHotel likes this.
  10. I literally have one song left to rate and I am ready to go!

11. I've only got to get down commentary for Heart Station and Ultra Blue and decide my 11 and then I'm done.

12. I have Heart Station, This Is The One, Fantome and the extras left to score.

13. Before all the rating happens, thanks @TheChoirgirlHotel for running this rate. There's a quite a few songs that I have gained a new love for when I was doing my re-listening that I'd maybe not paid enough attention to before.
    Beautiful world
    Mayowazu kimi dake wo mitsumete iru
    Beautiful boy
    Jibun no utsukushisa mada shiranai no

[​IMG]

It's only love
    [​IMG]

14. Not Exodus fucking me up yet AGAIN.

nikkysan likes this.
  15. Finished! I took way longer than I should have on this as there were quite a few days where I did not get a chance/was too lazy to listen to an album! I will be quicker on the Ayumi, Kumi and BoA rates!

Island, evilsin and send photo like this.
  16. I can't decide on my 11! There are too many amazing songs here.

17. Okay, finally submitted my scores....and oh my god MY AVERAGES. I can't wait for this to unfold.

18. I found almost all of the missing songs on Vimeo, so that's my tip.

And I came through today and submitted my scores.

19. I just realised Utada and Shiina Ringo's other duet (I Won't Last A Day Without You) is missing.

RUNAWAY likes this.
  20. And I'm done! This was such a great opportunity to go down the memory lane. My scores:

First Love: 7.300 (10x1; 6x2)
    Distance: 7.538 (10x1; 6x3)
    Deep River: 9.000 (10x5; 8x5)
    Exodus: 8.500 (10x6; 7x1)
    ULTRA BLUE: 9.250 (10x8; 7x1)
    Heart Station: 8.750 (10x4; 7x2)
    This Is The One: 8.300 (10x1; 7x2)
    Fantome: 8.181 (10x2; 6x1)
    Extras: 6.500 (9x1; 5x3)