Tinashe - Nightride / Joyride | Page 393 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tinashe - Nightride / Joyride

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Sis...we really don't at all.

2. Yeah, that was a very "you so crazy!" kind of statement, usually delivered with an amused smirk and a shake of the head. Unfortunately, this forum does not contain video chat and emoticons are banned.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  3. Ok but where did she get that shirt I want it

slaybellz and imperialsteroid like this.
  4. I'd like to see her fuck with punk.

5. Ok but why does Flame's chorus remind me of..

The production, the structure, both basic. I find myself about to sing "I'll never tell.. tell on myself" when the second part of the chorus hits. Dddd

lushLuck likes this.
  6. I can see Perfume comparisons, but it actually reminds me way more of Demi's Body Say (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

timothy_b and lushLuck like this.
  7. Apparently she was booed during her Wrestlemania intro...

Not that it should be taken that seriously... I mean.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  8. Joyride- brought to you by Amtrak.

Wishlight, Island, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  9. RMK

RMK

It's a huge sporting event so it does matter. Why was she booed?

10. Nightride and Aquarius are still so fucking good. Coherent yet varied / diverse and totally realized as wholes.

11. I go back and forth on "Tinashe is a flop!" jokes.

On one hand britney_crying_yeah.gif, but on the other hand she's produced 6 incredible actual releases of forward thinking and inventive music while most "flop girls" are albumless (or "project"-less), stuck in label purgatory trend hopping on whatever they think will bag them a top 10.

12. That turbo vibrato, though. Other than that, I think she did okay. Poor thing was clearly nervous.

lushLuck and Heartthrob like this.
  13. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

I think Tinashe only gets labelled a flop because she's quite openly ambitious about wanting to be a big pop girl and it hasn't happened yet so she's getting made fun of as a consequence; if she hadn't been doing the likes of Player or Superlove and had just released Nightride as a follow on from Aquarius she'd continue to be an alt pop girl darling. She's doing both, so she gets criticised for not making it big yet and for straying away from how she started out.

14. Isn't she labeled as a flop 'cause she sells poorly even for an alternative artist?

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  15. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

No I think people just like to diminish her achievements because throwing sales figures around is the industry's way of justifying the way it treats artists for better or worse.

16. I thought the crowd was chanting "Tinashe!" at the end but it was "USA!", wasn't it?

Rhombus, 4Roses, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  17. Same thing.

AlexD, Lander, thefaceofyou and 4 others like this.
  18. Of course 'Flame' has some fantastic looking choreography. I bet the video is going to be great. Sigh.

19. This is right on the money. Say what you will about her, but she has been consistently releasing music, touring (for herself and with others), and getting gigs, endorsements, and features. That counts as very successful for most people.

20. The song's grown on me.

I hate myself for being a hypocrite.