Toni Braxton - Pulse | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toni Braxton - Pulse

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Aamyko, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Aamyko

Aamyko Guest

There are rumors that the album will be released summer 2009, I hope she really does come back. I hope Atlantic treats her right cos she is one of the few remaining R&B divas that really matter.
    She's working with The Underdogs, Darkchild and Keri Hilson, Are there any good expectations for this album or has she past her prime?[​IMG]

2. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

Re: Toni Braxton - "Pulse" (New album)

Sounds like it'll be half uptempos, half ballads.
    That isn't the official cover, now is it?

I can't wait to see the "Get Loose" video. That songs is a hit in the making.

3. Aamyko

Aamyko Guest

Pretty much every Toni website is stating that this is the actual album cover, I really do hope it's not cos I've seen better from her.

4. Re: Toni Braxton - "Pulse" (New album)

My fave artist after Britney - i cant wait for Pulse - addicted to Get Loose - addicted to Toni's voice - i really do hope this is her proper comeback! Shes talented - she just needs to grab ppls attention with a good choice of songs.

She needs a 'Bleeding Love'

5. Re: Toni Braxton - "Pulse" (New album)

Eep! I'm excited for this. Hope it's AT LEAST as good as 'Libra' but ideally better.

6. Aamyko

Aamyko Guest

The thing is though that in this day and age of the Gaga's is there any room for "old" divas like Toni?

I really do hope so...

7. Re: Toni Braxton - "Pulse" (New album)

i love her

8. Re: Toni Braxton - "Pulse" (New album)

Could she sing a "Bleeding Love?!?"

I love "Get Loose" and I actually love "Melt" as well. Hope she makes a go of it, even though she's a little past her sell-by.

9. vasilios

vasilios Guest

She needs a Breathe Again or an Unbreak My Heart.

10. Re: Toni Braxton - "Pulse" (New album)

I hope she changes that album cover but otherwise I can't wait for this, I love Get Loose.

11. Re: Toni Braxton - "Pulse" (New album)

I like Melt and Get Loose, but not in the sense of singles. They're an okay album tracks, but I was hoping for something a little more epic to launch the album. They won't do.

12. Re: Toni Braxton - "Pulse" (New album)

The Outsyders produced Womanizer.

13. Aamyko

Aamyko Guest

If the record company gets behind this and pushes it, it could be a hit, but if there is no money and no video, then what do you expect.
    "Please" was a great video but that was all the Record company did with "Libra' and while that wasn't my fave Toni record it did deserve better.

14. Re: Toni Braxton - "Pulse" (New album)

To be honest though, Please had a great video and was a fantastic, 'current' single - I don't know what the situation with that song's promotion was, but if it couldn't be a hit, what else ever will?

15. Aamyko

Aamyko Guest

I really thought "Please" was gonna be a hit but i did feel that it sounded dated, Toni's biggest hit was a ballad, so should she be going down that road to get people's attention, cos almost all the lead singles off of her albums have been up tempo, so could it be that people are waiting for another ballad from her to kick start an album?

16. Re: Toni Braxton - "Pulse" (New album)

Probably not official but this is making the rounds:

[​IMG]

17. Re: Toni Braxton - "Pulse" (New album)

That. Is. Amazing.

18. adz

adz

she looks like a lion.

19. Ray

Ray

That surely is a drag queen pretending to be Toni? Like, Tony Braxton or something.

20. Re: Toni Braxton - "Pulse" (New album)

Well the face is photoshopped I believe, but I am using it regardless.