Tori Amos - Native Invader | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tori Amos - Native Invader

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Nov 19, 2016.

1. She's said multiple times during the promotion of the new Boys For spell reissue that the new album and tour hits 2017!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tori-amos-john-lennon-hey-jupiter_us_582de524e4b099512f814fbb

LE0Night, bichard and Andy French like this.
  2. I'm ready.

Please be better than Flicker.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  3. A friend of a friend was shooting the album cover yesterday. Funny anecdotes aside, not sure what it's going to be like. I think said friend of a friend was pushing her away from the usual slight....tackiness of recent covers. How far they got with that remains to be seen.

Album deals with 'American Politics'.

relby, Kuhleezi, truman and 10 others like this.
  4. I'm shaking.I'm ready for her to drag Trump and Trump like presidents across the globe by the hair.

5. Ready for Yo Donald.

There was mention of her wanting to be emerging from a tree or something very faeryprincess on the cover and the team nixed it I think. Mercifully?

OspreyQueen and enjoy like this.
  6. If your friend is one of them he/she is my hero from now on

dodoriazarbon likes this.
  7. It will be an angry album, but I think we'll get more piano-led tracks rather than Husband's strumming.

8. I hope the production isn't as cheap as the latest efforts, Unrepentant Geraldines did reignite a lot of hope but stuff like the drum machines on 16 Shades Of Blue were unforgivable.

aleksssa and Andy French like this.
  9. I'm hopeful. The biggest hurdle to clear in my opinion is production - less superfluous vocal multitracking and an emphasis on solo piano would be a start.

WhipperSnapper, Karvel and Sine Wave like this.
  10. I'm now at a point where a new Tori album no longer excites me, but I'll keep an open mind and undoubtedly buy it.

WhipperSnapper and marie_05 like this.
  11. Excited for this, although over the last few albums she has seemed a bit lost.

Its a shame because it all feels very safe, and she does not come across as a safe artist to me.

She needs a moment of being daring and exciting again, and hopefully this album will bring that fire back.

Not seen her in concert for a few years so will definitely get a ticket.

Little earthquakes is still my favorite album of ALL time.

marie_05 and Aag like this.
  12. Does the photographer have their work online anywhere to view?

13. No idea, this is second hand information from my best mate (who works with the person in some capacity - best not ask if you know what I mean) but I'll see what he says. He's a Tori fan too and was shook to learn the shoot was happening.

xOJakeXo and Andy French like this.
  14. YAAAAAAAAAS

SL*Y ME KWEEN

15. I hope an official album and tour announcement comes soon, and I hope it's all worth the wait.

Tori's latest output has been a bit hit or miss, but I still always love to look forward to a new release.

Some thoughts...

Night Of Hunters: Too much 'guest vocals' by family members, but otherwise a decent album. Fearlessness, Nautical Twilight and Carry are the ones I come back for. The tour with the string quartet was extraordinary though. It's probably my favourite Tori tour.
    Gold Dust:
    Unrepentant Geraldines: A pretty good album. Forest Of Glass has even become one of my all time favourites. I wouldn't mind another album like this, but with better production and more (and better) studio musicians. I liked the accompanying tour a lot too, though it could've done without those cheap playback loops.
    The Light Princess: I listened to it once on Spotify and didn't like it all.
    Flicker: A dud. The next album better be A LOT better than this.

Soundwise, I expect the new album to be UG part II - which isn't that bad - but I'm still hoping for something a bit more exciting.

But not "Flat Slut-exciting".

16. I hope there's no song about teens sending nude pics to each other. Please no Tori!

17. Her output in the last 15 years or so has been all over the place. I still buy every CD she releases and will continue to do so. I just wish she'd be back with one more brilliant album, not one where you try to find a couple of songs to love among a lot of more mediocre ones.

18. Let down by the sight
    of his meat
    it didn't get her running
    didn't get her dripping
    cause close to her lips
    it's got to be big
    to give her a home run
    to make her come

londonrain and P'NutButter like this.
  19. ...sha na na na

Andy French and xOJakeXo like this.
  20. Things... they are happening! I assume a photoshoot for the new album?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Well well here we go again.... <a href="https://t.co/zIGRkgUAFM">pic.twitter.com/zIGRkgUAFM</a></p>&mdash; tori amos (@toriamos) <a href="">March 30, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>