Tove Lo - Blue Lips | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tove Lo - Blue Lips

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Drug fuelled, single-release cancelling, Love Me Like You Do-writing, sex-Queen Tove Lo has started writing her second album.

This is on tha front page:

Hmmmmmmmm.

I can't really predict where she can go from here teebs. I think it'll be good no matter what, but she needs like a big moment that still sounds like Tove Lo-written amazingness, but with a feeling she hasn't given us yet.

2. Bobbyrae likes this.
  3. I'm fucking ready. Sadly I don't think we'll get more Talking Body or Got Love styled tracks but more like The Way That I Am and Thousand Miles are always welcome.

4. Whatever she brings, I'm ready. She is the perfect adult-pop star to me.

Milk and Cookies likes this.
  5. She's been pretty great so far, can't see a new album messing up her discography yet.

6. Queen of the Clouds is great so I'm excited. "Dark" is fine with me if its sonically in the vein of Moments and This Time Around.

I bet there will be some pressure from her label for another Talking Body style song, so I wouldn't totally rule that out despite what she says. Lots can happen between now and when she finishes it.

7. I cant wait! Queen of the Clouds remains one of the best albums released in the past couple of years.

8. Some of the songs she's written for others are in my all time favourites, but somehow her own music has never grabbed me like that. Hopefully this second album will.

collxtion likes this.
  9. I hope whatever Tove means by "dark" isn't boring. I trust her. All of her old songs are straight up sad or not that sad but with a dash of melancholy, so it's not like she's ever been particularly lighthearted.

10. I found her music too repetitive to enjoy. Hope she fills the second album with less hooks and more content. Also the themes are quite tired for me.

FrankOnline88 likes this.
  11. K94

K94

I need even more brutal honesty in the songwriting, and slightly more pop sensibility and I'm ready.

collxtion likes this.
  12. I don't really understand this in the context of Tove? It's pop music through and through.

I think Queen of the Clouds was a flawed album but one that I came back to surprisingly often. Thankfully, the highs dwarfed the smattering of lows. I'm excited to see where the new album takes her and hope she continues to explore her different voice in pop.

13. K94

K94

Maybe that was the wrong word. I think maybe something more fully realised. It's a great album but hopefully this album will be more of a statement about who she is and her artistry.

14. Perched and perspiring teebs.

15. i hope she replicates Run on Love it's one of those truly perfect pop songs.

16. Her debut still gets regular play, perched and parched.

17. Influence is good, but maybe a little predictibale.

18. Wait I kinda get In The Zone teas from it too.