TWICE | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TWICE

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by squirrelfriend, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Am I forever pressed that Like Ooh Ahh is their only single to not reach number 1?

[​IMG]

I still think it's their best single and should've won AT LEAST 20 music show awards.

2. Today I was thinking about what would be my ranking for TWICE songs and kii at how unpopular it turned out:

TT >> Signal > Cheer Up (I low-key stan this) > Like Ooh Aah >> One More Time > Heart Shaker > Likey >>> Knock Knock

3. I'm very new to Twice, so you'll have to bear with me if I ask some stupid questions...
    But is there any particular reason that people around here seem to really dislike Dahyun???

4. I don't think anyone really dislikes her or hates her?

I do see the possibility some find her a bit inessential because her offerings to the group are more about things like variety shows, etc.

She's liked in Korea if Gallup's poll of Korea's Top 20 idols is meant to be believed:
    6. Nayeon
    9. Tzuyu
    12. Jeongyeon
    17. Dahyun

5. [​IMG]

I genuinely love the band, so I watch a lot of their variety shows & TwiceTV and she is just the most annoying of the girls. She's like the Jackson or Henry of the group. Always loud, always desperate for laughs, constantly seeking attention. It's so jarring when the other girls are so unintentionally hilarious and not trying hard at all.

In saying that, I don't actually dislike her, but she's easily my least favourite.

Ceir, Monkey0, McQueer and 3 others like this.
  6. Dahyun has the most aeygo no? She's the one that Twice fans are always sharing on their Twitter feeds. At least that's the case with the people I follow who like them.

Twice are such a weird band for me. When they launched, I was super excited but they've slowly gotten worse for me. It's all way too cutesy! They need a more mature 'velvet' concept like Red Velvet just had.

7. Madonna sunbaenim found shaking.

Ariana unnie found shook.

BEST FICTION, Serg. and Slice of Life like this.
  8. Chaeyoung is a great rapper and their dancing is always stellar, just seeing those stages and THIS

makes me so excited for their more serious concepts. This version of Signal is even better than the original.

McQueer and BEST FICTION like this.

9. Them all doing Momo's dance break together.

[​IMG]

10. Likey switched parts... Dahyun and Momo should just switch roles in the group because they both killed it

11. Watching this was so eye-opening as to people's skillsets. It seems obvious that Momo could do the rapping for both Chaeyoung and Dahyun with ease (Nayeon not so much). Jihyo sounds much better when she doesn't have the belt notes, Sana really is the one to go to for iconic line deliveries (which isn't a read of Tzuyu) and Mina is a much better vocalist than the line distributions seem to give her credit for (plus her visual game is no joke with that daughter-of-the-CEO-of-a-tech-conglomerate haircut and mock trench-coat dress).

12. I actually like this much more than the main version. Momo kinda killed the rap part while she doesn't sound really good on the official version. The same could be said about Sana.

Also as a side note: Tzuyu and Mina are the best members, aren't they?

Slice of Life and Serg. like this.
  13. To be fair she gets 3rd most lines after main vocals and is considered 4th best vocalist, but I'm glad people are starting to notice she's a great vocal, she doesn't have the range Jihyo has but she has by far the most pleasing tone in the group and she could pull of higher notes which she showed when she covered for Jeongyeon in Cheer Up era.

Slice of Life and Squashua like this.
  14. I think it's just that her lines seem really inconsequential most of the time compared to, say, Nayeon or Jihyo who I don't always think pull of what they're given or it could sound nicer with a different tone (which as you say Mina has). I really like Jihyo's delivery in Likey but found they plonked her back in the strain zone with Heart Shaker which was a shame.

15. The question: "Who's the 'best member' in Twice?"
    Is like: "What's the 'meaning of life'"?

We all know the answer to both questions is: "Sana."

16. I get that they probably didn't have much time to create this part switch, but it's so robotic sounding and they all start to sound the same. I still love that they tried it though.

Slice of Life and junglefish like this.
  17. Wait at Sana doing Mina's part even better than Mina does.

We're ready for the sha-sha-sha Japanese queen of Korea's solo debut.

18. Legend, queen of knitting