Twin Peaks | Page 31 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twin Peaks

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by filmnoirish, Dec 18, 2009.

1. This episode needs to win an award for cinematography at least. The most beautiful looking nightmare and a staggering ripping-up of the Television Rulebook

2. It's incredible that this episode is getting a lot of glowing reviews from
    critics. I wasn't honestly expecting that.

The "birth" of Laura Palmer was definitely the highlight for me. Only David can make something that sounds so goofy on paper, look and feel so mythic and ethereal on film. I'm curious how it'll be expanded on.

fancygreen, johnoclock and Stepsmatt like this.
  3. That's it. A lot of shows try to do surreal (American Gods and Legion from earlier this year come to mind) but this episode felt deliberate and narratively important and that's why it was so impactful. I don't think I blinked after he zoomed into that atom bomb hell and who knew Bob and Laura had such twisted, interwined beggings? I'm still reeling.

4. or was I?

I wonder if someone flipping past the channel or even those watching from the start thought something was wrong with their signal during the gas station scene, sort of like the Sopranos finale when the screen went to black.

DominoDancing likes this.
  5. There's not much to be said about the last episode that hasn't already been pointed out, but being almost halfway through here I would like to take a moment and really praise David Lynch's acting. His performance has been brilliant up to this point. In Dale's absence, David's character has given us that shining beacon of light and virtue.

6. I don't know about you, but Sunday was a chore to get through without Twin Peaks.

Yeah, I know we survived 25 years without it. But having it on a weekly basis again has been so... fulfilling that going a week without it was difficult.

How will we cope when Twin Peaks leaves us again??

ItTakesAMuscle, sfmartin and blod like this.
  7. I can't believe it's been 9 weeks since this started.

In this current climate of instant downloads and all seasons released in one go watching the ??????? speak to Cooper seems so long ago.

There's 10 glorious hours left and I can't wait.

sfmartin and Stepsmatt like this.
  8. I love the fact that we have NO spoilers or have any idea what is going to happen on the next episode (or future episodes). The last episode was so mind-blowing and unexpected, it's nice to be surprised in this day and age. I still think it's impressive that in this day and age shows are able to keep certain stories private (fans of Grey's Anatomy and The Good Wife will know what I'm talking about).

Can't believe we will be at the halfway point next week.

JonBcn, blod, Stepsmatt and 2 others like this.
  9. The last episode seemingly defied logic. How could a recapper blog about that in the way they usually do with crap TV they watch?

torontodj and Stepsmatt like this.
  10. How the hell does he explain what he wants to the crew? Get them stoned first?

Stepsmatt likes this.
  11. It'd be funny if it turned back into a soap opera now.

Stepsmatt and Terminus like this.
  12. I'm so ready for this Sunday.

Robbietoxic, sfmartin and Terminus like this.
  13. I fully expect that to happen for an episode or two, for Lynch to completely go in another direction.

shadedeflector and Stepsmatt like this.
  14. Just to fuck with us.

Stepsmatt likes this.
  15. Stepsmatt likes this.
  16. sfmartin and Stepsmatt like this.
  17. Here. We. GO!!!

This episode felt more like filler to me. There were definitely awesome moments (Bobby and his mom and how much his father loved him/Matthew Lillard breaking down) but overall not much else happening.

I wonder if we're going to meet every member of the Horne family before we ever see Audrey again!!?

I guess the biggest thing is, what the hell was that text to Diane from evil Coop?!!!

I also guess everyone is getting closer and closer to figuring out who "Dougie" really is and that there is another Cooper.

I find it trippy that Ashley Judd is playing a woman named Beverly. My sisters are named Ashley and Beverly.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    shadedeflector likes this.
  18. It's a fucking MORGUE!!

dodoriazarbon and Stepsmatt like this.
  19. I want the beige chair!!! *proceeds to order the red chair*