U.S. Politics | Page 1190 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U.S. Politics

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Veritaserum, Feb 16, 2016.

1. And none if it will make a difference, because nothing ever does, because we're trapped in a living nightmare.

K94, send photo, Rem and 10 others like this.
  2. I'm resigned to the fact that he will fire Mueller and Rosenstein and stall the Russia investigation and no one will bat an eye. The only way to get out of this nightmare is the midterms.

3. Absolutely disgusting.

But sadly not surprising in the least.

4. I need to get the fuck out of this country.

5. Trump has been so corrosive for every institution, I don't know how democracy survives. Republicans are more concerned with protecting the President than protecting the United States from Russian attacks.

6. LTG

LTG

I can't wait for her to lip sync against a pork chop when she's guest judging on Drag Race.

7. This is how the President reacts after a week where two of his staffers had to resign because allegations of abuse became public. Allegations that the White House tried to cover up.

johnoclock and andru like this.
  8. Due fucking process twitter has a fan boy now, gross.

andru and JacobTheMiro like this.
  9. That's what men say who are guilty of the same thing.

Mr Blonde, Mr.Arroz, Rem and 13 others like this.
  10. I think you are greatly underestimating Putin and how fucked we really are. Notice how Rex Tillerson has acknowledged Russian meddling - the same Rex Tillerson that is friends with Putin, won that "Friend of Russia" or whatever award. Why would he do that? Put your tin foil hat on for a second.

The blue wave is coming, that's pretty much guaranteed at this point. The GOP is in the shitter with the majority of the country. You can't piss off everyone who isn't a straight white racist conservative Evangelical and maintain power. The blue wave will come. What do we also know? We know Russia is still actively meddling, and we know we are doing nothing to stop it.

The Dems will sweep in 2018 and all of a sudden Trump and his minions will have discovered evidence of Russian meddling in favor of us - and after that, we will have truly lost.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it's the exact kind of plan Putin would concoct and we're doing absolutely fucking nothing to stop it from happening. The 30% that follow Trump no matter what will feel totally vindicated when there is evidence of meddling "found" right after a giant blue wave.

If that happens is there really a way out? I think this year we will witness so many Constitutional Crises that it will make our heads spin. I think Putin's already won the game and we're just watching it play out in a painfully slow manner.

James2009 and johnoclock like this.
  11. He

He

I just think blaming Russia is, in a way, missing the point of how fucked up the US in all its monstrous capitalist glory is. Russia did not come up with gerrymandering, or sold the country's health system to corporations, nor are they responsible for rampant systemic inequality, etc.

Focusing on this external enemy, lifts much of the blame and attention from the absolute mess that has been created by both parties for decades. Furthermore, it can lead to thinking that without this "meddling" things would go back to normal, negating the deep change the US so desperately needs.

Basically, the US has never needed Russia to ravage their own country, or other's.

12. You are 100% right about all of that. Completely right that we did this to ourselves. However, we are in immediate danger of legitimately being turned into a dictatorship. That needs to be addressed before anything else. If Trump gets to point the finger at the Dems with "proof" of Russian meddling, we will never again get the chance to even discuss things like Gerrymandering.

13. He

He

I understand your fear, but I just don't think you are that close to even a totalitarian government. The division of powers has been able to thwart lots of Trump mindlessness so far.

Not that him and the GOP haven't tried going around it, and succeeded in many cases.

14. I sincerely hope you are right. We must fight for liberal values and democracy no matter what happens, but my hope has diminished to non-existence. That won't stop me from doing what I can to help secure the House and hopefully the Senate this year. 2016 taught me, and hopefully many other people, simply voting isn't enough.

He likes this.
  15. Hazmat is at the scene

16. This administration stays trash and honestly we'd be better off with all of them six feet under.

Mr.Arroz, andru, Kuhleezi and 6 others like this.
  17. Yuppie can't handle a little coke is not a news story.

Floppie and inevitable like this.

18. But her emails!

Bobbyrae, Mr.Arroz, andru and 11 others like this.
  19. Angela Bassett better be playing Omarosa in a Ryan Murphy series some day.