UK Eurovision Entrant 2017 | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Eurovision Entrant 2017

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by TheChoirgirlHotel, Jan 23, 2017.

?

Who do you want to represent the UK this year?

Poll closed Jan 27, 2017.
  1. Olivia Garcia - Freedom Hearts

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  2. Holly Brewer - I Wish I Loved You More

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  3. Lucie Jones - Never Give Up On You

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  4. Danyl Johnson - Light Up The World

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. Salena Mastroianni - I Don't Wanna Fight

27 vote(s)
    57.4%
  6. Nate Simpson - What Are We Made Of

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. K94

K94

Does anyone know the voting stats. I imagine Salena did well with the public but got destroyed by the jury.

2. They haven't been announced yet but I think you will be spot on.

3. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Moderator

'Wish I Loved You More' had the second most memorable hook.

Rooneyboy likes this.
  4. That's because you can basically sing Beyoncé's "Halo" over that hook.

kermit_the_frog, meeks and baxterclan like this.
  5. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Moderator

It wouldn't be the first time a Eurovision song would be similar to something else.

And "familiar hook" is at least better than "no hook".

Rooneyboy and londonrain like this.
  6. I hadn't listened to the songs before watching the show and Salena's song was pretty shocking to me (like someone reading three slogans off an anti-war graffiti wall and forcing them into some vague melody).

My favourite was Olivia, even though her song felt a bit UKIP-y so it was probably for the best that it wasn't selected.

Lucie was fine, though I agree that the song is super dull and desperately needs the music from Katy B's "Crying For No Reason" transplanting to it...

K94 likes this.
  7. This is like a third of the Eurovision finalists each year, though...

"What if we all opened our aaaaaarse..."

8. It just felt so contrived, especially coming after last year's winner (which felt like the best song of the competition and a bit unique in Eurovision history)...

I suppose that so much relies on the song not only being good but also being sonically unlike as much of the competition as possible. Obviously, if we got all grimey (or even garagey) then we'd guarantee the latter, though I'm not sure that Skepta, Ms Dynamite or even Alesha Dixon are quite up for Eurovision yet...

9. Is Lucie Jones premiering her music video today?

10. Apparently yes 7:00pm on BBC iPlayer and then 8:00pm on YouTube (right in the middle of the MF final - good one BBC)

11. Let's hope they have done something to give the song a much needed kick up the ass

londonrain likes this.
  12. Why did one half of this video look amazing, and the other half utterly amateur?

The song is still just fine. She'll put in a solid performance.

13. I thought they were revamping it... they've made it worse? Fucking hell.

14. Lucie can win the competition delivering her perfect vocals!

15. I think it's much better and more interesting than before. But it's still not 100% there, good try though.

rubirub likes this.
  16. She's not really interesting to watch in a music video setting but luckily I think she'll nail the live performance vocally at least.

17. I don't mind it, it's actually kinda nice. But then again, I really liked Jack and Joe's entry and we all know how that went...

Island, Rhombus, sfmartin and 2 others like this.
  18. K94

K94

It's still boring.

19. How could they make it worse?! It has no chorus or melody whatsoever.

It was the worst song of the 6 - I still remember me and my boyfriend's utter shock and disbelief when it won! At least we deserve last place this year.