UK Eurovision Entrant 2017 | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Eurovision Entrant 2017

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by TheChoirgirlHotel, Jan 23, 2017.

?

Who do you want to represent the UK this year?

Poll closed Jan 27, 2017.
  1. Olivia Garcia - Freedom Hearts

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  2. Holly Brewer - I Wish I Loved You More

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  3. Lucie Jones - Never Give Up On You

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  4. Danyl Johnson - Light Up The World

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. Salena Mastroianni - I Don't Wanna Fight

27 vote(s)
    57.4%
  6. Nate Simpson - What Are We Made Of

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Thinly veiled 'I have sex' post, good work.

imaduck likes this.
  2. Lucies song needs to finish of a big ending like what Dami did last year.

She also needs to get some high notes in too. Her vocal is strong but there's not much range.

londonrain likes this.
  3. I think this will be fine for Lucie' solo career.

Ruth Lorenzo didn't get a great position in Eurovision, but her vocals were enough to make her a A-list star in Spain.

4. Ruth Lorenzo was incredible.

5. Not a big fan of the song.

6. Ruth did manage to sneak into Top 10 though - the U.K. can only dream of a placing that high these days.

I appreciate the revamp but mainly for the fact it's turned the song from a full night's sleep into a power nap.

londonrain likes this.
  7. It's better but still not got - enough. She needs to completely nail the vocals for a top 10 place. Here's hoping.

8. They need to put a donk on it.

9. Only if she were delivering them on Scared Of The Dark instead.

Now THAT would have been a real contender.

idratherjack likes this.
  10. The UK revamp is a big improvement. I still feel it could do with a bigger, or more prominent, beat kicking in at the start of the second verse which then builds up more ahead of the final chorus but I'm happy they at least had a go at making it more interesting.

She looks great in the video, but I agree with the comment that says it seems to flip between looking very sleek and impressive, to cheap. I like her in the tight white dress with her hair slicked and the red lipstick with the slatted light effect.

The need to do something with the staging to ensure this stands out of a crowded field which contains a lot of songs in this vein. At the moment it feels a bit like a poor relation to the Finnish entry.

I suspect she'll finish somewhere in the mid-teens.

11. Blackout Crew for Eurovision 2018.

phily693 and idratherjack like this.
  12. Remember when Ruth performed in blackface?

13. No. Say what now?

14. A Spanish talent show is dedicated to performing as exact lookalikes, and Ruth performed as a PoC. Not that it has anything to do with this thread.

NuhdeensPassport likes this.
  15. People are aware of this yes?

Already downloaded my copy! Just wish we could send this version instead (a la San Marino 2016)

rubirub and phily693 like this.
  16. Has she released the new single version too? I see there are several releases for this song now... Great!

I wish the first part of the performance was slow and then it changed to a dance version like this remix, could that be possible? I hope so...

londonrain likes this.
  17. This is basically what I thought when I first saw her perform it on the selection show. I kept waiting for the beat to kick in... and then it didn't (as illustrated by @LGN Spambot below:)

rubirub likes this.
  18. Ok, that remix is exactly what I was waiting to kick in through the song when I first heard it. What a bop.

The re-worked original sounds really good listening to it again, it's a big improvement and far more interesting (please come up with something really unique and imaginative with the staging, don't just stand there in a gown with some flashing lights), but I absolutely agree that if they could flip to use this version, or start with the original then move into the remix for the last third the thing would absolutely launch to another level.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  19. I don't think this year can be predicted at all.

On the one hand I think we've got a really good song, but who knows what Europe think of us at present - bravely paving the way or acting like a bunch of entitled pricks?

20. Bravely paving the way for what exactly?