Ultimate Gamejustice (= #378) | Page 131 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultimate Gamejustice (= #378)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Animalia, Mar 1, 2018.

1. I always wanted to get Age of Mythology! I can't remember if it was released for Mac or not, but it didn't matter because I didn't have that kind of spending money!

Animalia likes this.
  2. That game sounds right up my alley. I fell in love with Greek Mythology in middle school and I'm still a massive fan ddddd. Athena will always be that binch.

Animalia likes this.
  3. I'm sleepy. Whut?

Animalia likes this.
  4. I Wish You Would is a song on 1989, which Animalia was referencing.

MollieSwift21, evilsin and Animalia like this.
  5. Ddd I haven't kept up with this thread for over a month but
    [​IMG]

@Animalia to me because of all of my likes he's missed out on
    [​IMG]

6. Dddd my mom was obsessed with this game, to the point where she would postpone eating and started missing her daily soaps.

7. Hi gay people!

= #401
    (17/22)

[​IMG]

1995 | Neverland | SNES | JRPG

7 Points: @KamikazeHeart

Animalia:

Time for some more good ol’-fashioned JRPG realness now as @KamikazeHeart loses their first game in the race! A sequel to 1993’s Lufia & the Fortress of Doom, Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals scrapped random encounters in dungeons and replaced them with a more Zelda-style puzzle approach. In 2010, Square Enix released a “re-imagining” of this game for the DS, titled Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals, because once again JRPG naming conventions just can’t be confusing enough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Dddd Age of Mythology popping up BETTER mean at least one of you threw your coins at the best strategy game of all time - Age of Empires 2.

If You Go and Animalia like this.
  9. = #401
    (18/22)

[​IMG]

2006 | IO Interactive | Various | Stealth

7 Points: @madeofghosts

madeofghosts:

What initially seems like a stealth game - and can be played as such - slowly reveals itself to be a series of dynamic, intricate cause-and-effect puzzles that strike a perfect balance between scripted and emergent gameplay. Just the variety of ways you can kill the actor in the opera house is incredible.

Animalia:

I'm not huge on stealth games generally, but I played this a bunch with a friend during high school and like @madeofghosts said, this game offers the player so much choice in how to proceed with every mission - some of which are less straightforwardly stealth and more about exploring all your options, problem solving etc. - that it's genuinely really enjoyable whichever way you want to play it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Praying for my 7 pointer. Also praying for the forum's taste if no-one else voted for it.

evilsin, CaliDevotion and Animalia like this.
  11. I have now learned to not celebrate before my time, even after the round is over

evilsin, Animalia and soratami like this.
  12. I absolutely hate stealth games, but Hitman always felt more like classic point and click-games in how the assassinations are basically pulled off through a series of absurd events and there's always good comedy.

13. I kinda figured this was coming ddd.

Here's my writeup that I just neglected to send to @Animalia for some reason

---

If I see him now, I may cry. I decided long ago that I'm not going to cry so easily.

What did this JPRG do? All that. Quite literally.

This game steals a little bit from everywhere; but few games manage to make it all come together so well. It starts off like most other generic JRPGs from this era, but it just implements one brilliant little feature after another effortlessly until you’re halfway through and you realize you’re actually playing through an epic game.

What still amazes me are the dungeons and their puzzles. I love a good puzzle in a video game, and this game contains so many challenging logic puzzles.

Also - unlocking the Gift mode and being able to play through the 99 level Ancient Cave with any party of your choice - incredible.

14. Oh, this reminds me of Anna Kournikova's Smash Court Tennis, which I used to play a lot of on the PS1. There weren't any options for updating costumes, but it had unlockable Namco characters like Heihachi and Yoshimtsu from Tekken, and Pac Man.

This game sounds lit though.

Oleander, evilsin, BTG and 3 others like this.
  15. Hey guys! A quick heads up, I'm back home for various family shindigs and shenanigans for the weekend; it shouldn't affect eliminations much if I can get a few done before this evening, I just won't be all that active on the forrem until Tuesday.

And the MTV Video Game Award for Best Game With A Social Message goes to...

= #401
    (19/22)

[​IMG]

2013 | 3909 LLC | PC / Mobile / Vita | Puzzle

7 Points: @diamond dogs

Animalia:

Papers, Please is an indie puzzle game in which you take on the role of an immigration officer on the borders of a fictional dystopian country. The player must examine the passports, visas, etc. and listen to the pleas of people trying to enter the country to decide whether they should be allowed in against ever-changing sets of rules; your character is paid based on how many legally “correct” decisions you make, and that money supplies your family with food, shelter and security. Sounds fantastic if you’re into a wee bit of moral torture! It’s a fantastic idea for a game though, and I’m glad it received the attention it deserves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. I had this one too! The character models were very SpiceWorld and I seem to remember you could just smack the ball into your opponent’s body/face and win the point automatically. Amazing OST too where everything sounded like LOONA’s Girl Front circa 1999.

17. But are you guys aware of the original, Namco Tennis Smash Court? I think it came with the Playstation when my family bought it, me and me three brothers played double matches so much.

It also had an amazing feature where you could buy stuff and decorate your own tennis court with it for us gays to unleash our exterior designers ddd

Oleander, papatrick, nikkysan and 4 others like this.
  18. Me arriving in Narita in 2 weeks.

19. Papers Please is such a brilliant game. Not only does it have one of the most unique game mechanics ever, it also suceedes in storytelling and character building on so many levels just with its amazing gameplay. Highly recommended!

DominoDancing, Animalia and nikkysan like this.