Ultimate Gamejustice (4 Point Round-Up!) | Page 84 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultimate Gamejustice (4 Point Round-Up!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Animalia, Mar 1, 2018.

1. My #18 has survived – it's one of about 2 or 3 games on my list I'm likely not to be the only voter for, so I'll savour it while it lasts – but 2 of your one-vote #18s could have been in my top 3 had it not been for other games in their respective franchises supplanting them.

No spoilers, but let's just say it might be a little too soon to mourn Wacky Jacks 2: Jack Harder.

2. Ew.

3. I can’t at all my picks still being in, gonna assume @Number saved my #18

Number, 2014, Animalia and 3 others like this.
  4. Yeah I don’t think I got very far in it at all. But this game resulted in me watching Blade Runner film and the sci-fi genre as a whole. Shit I totally forgot about the Blade Runner game on PC. It was SOOOOO good. If I hadn’t played this game, I don’t think I’d be into sci-fi as much as I am.

DominoDancing and Animalia like this.
  5. Why have I never heard of this?!

Animalia likes this.
  6. The Blade Runner PC game is frigging incredible and definitely would have been on my list.

7. Only catching up now. Perched for the next batch of votes.

THPS series was so damn good! I still have a soft spot for Underground, where the story mode followed your created skater where I would desperately tried to recreate myself using the EyeToy which only turned out to be a 1.3 megapixel monster mess.

Tony Hawk's is probably only reason why I have some emo/rock bangers scattered throughout my Spotify playlists.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    aaronhansome, LiK, Filler and 3 others like this.
  8. HALLELUJAH! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

My fave holy grenade.

Speaking of 3 pointers. Looks like someone else voted for mine. Hat's off to you, good sir.

soratami, LE0Night, Oleander and 8 others like this.
  9. I still have my save file of a fully-grown adult skater with my blurry prepubescent face terrifyingly stitched on.

10. Two games are tied at #503, having received three points total from two people - I'll stick 'em in the 3-point roundup for convenience tidiness, so let's find out what they are!

= #503
    (1/2)

[​IMG]

1997 | Game Arts | Sega Saturn/PS1 | JRPG

2 Points: @Robert
    1 Point: @Xanax

Multiplier: 1.2x

Total: 3.6

Xanax:

This is one of the earliest RPGs I have ever played. And while I was very young and don't remember everything perfectly, this game has a very special place in my heart.

Animalia:

Easily one of the most critically-celebrated RPGs of its time, Grandia was created by much of the same team as the Lunar series we met yesterday. Famitsu voted this game the 73rd greatest of all time, so I guess it must be pretty damn good since they give practically every JRPG a near-perfect score.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Did anyone else read this as something else

12. Yas c'mon Ariana Grandia!

[​IMG]

13. I love this rate so much.

soratami, LE0Night, nikkysan and 19 others like this.
  14. Grandia was one of the last things I cut from my list. Such a shame that the sequels couldn't really live up to how great the original is.

15. YEEEEEES, Grandia representing!

Robert and Animalia like this.
  16. Cue @Animalia realizing he accidentally left your votes out and actually they're all gone.

Animalia likes this.
  17. = #503
    (2/2)

[​IMG]

2001 | Lionhead Studios | PC | GodSim

2 Points: @beyoncésweave
    1 Point: @RJF

Multiplier: 1.2x

Total: 3.6

Animalia:

Black & White was the first ever game released by Lionhead Studios (RIP), the company that would go on to gift us with the Fable series and, of course, The Movies. Controlling an omnipotent hand, the player acts as a god of an island, commanding villagers to build and maintain temples to them while convincing the people of other villagers to believe in them over their own gods. In true Lionhead fashion, the game focuses on good vs. evil, with the player choosing whether to use divine intervention to help people or abuse their power to intimidate them into belief. As for which way @beyoncésweave and @RJF opted to play… I’ll let y’all decide.

The player also chooses an animal avatar whose appearance changes based on moral alignment and I’ve been having a great time looking through a gallery of them ddd

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  18. [​IMG]

Black & White (beyoncésweave, RJF)
    Grandia (Robert, Xanax)

- - -

Alundra (Robert)
    Battletoads in Battlemaniacs (eliminathan)
    Cooking Mama: Cook Off (vikeyeol)
    DuckTales (WhenTheSunGoesDown)
    Elite (Empty Shoebox)
    Everybody's Gone To the Rapture (Aidan)
    FIFA 98 (CaliDevotion)
    Lunar: The Silver Star (bakerboy92)
    Madden NFL 12 (DJHazey)
    Quake 3: Arena (DominoDancing)
    Rome: Total War (MollieSwift21)
    Shadowrun (roblognick)
    Sleeping Dogs (junglefish)
    Solomon's Key (madeofghosts)
    Super Mario Advance (Oleander)
    Super Mario Strikers (KingBruno)
    Super Monkey Ball 2 (iheartpoptarts)
    Tekken: Tag Tournament 2 (NecessaryVoodoo)
    The Last Guardian (joe_alouder)
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions (BEST FICTION)
    Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (Tribal Spaceman)
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Syzygyz)
    Valkyrie Profile (Petty Mayonnaise)
    Virtua Cop 2 (Alouder98)
    Wacky Jacks (VivaForever)
    Wii Party (OspreyQueen)
    Worms Armageddon (Squashua)​

19. The second one was even better!

They went a bit bollocks with online games and shit after that didn't it? Breath of Fire-syndrome.

Sprockrooster and Animalia like this.