Ultravox UK Singles Rate 1977-1987 (ULTRAVOX NUMBER 1 REVEALED) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultravox UK Singles Rate 1977-1987 (ULTRAVOX NUMBER 1 REVEALED)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by simes1970, Mar 20, 2017.

1. The Ultravox UK Singles Rate from 1977-1987 starts one week from today. It features 23 single tracks released during that 10 year period. It does not include singles released outside the UK or the 1978 Live EP. All tracks shall be uploaded here from next Monday in either video or audio form for everyone to have a listen. What period do you prefer? John Foxx or Midge Ure? Loads to discuss from 27th March. Voting period will run from the 27th through to Monday 1st May.

Now the rules. You will have the chance to award 12 Points for 1 track 11 for another then your usual 0-10 for the rest. Half points are OK as well.
    Now there are 2 tracks that have been mentioned that according to discogs were either B Sides or Double A. For that Purpose Dangerous Rhythm / My Sex will count as 1 single as will ROckwrok/Hiroshima Mon Amour.

ALSO 2 BONUS RATES
    I shall cover John Foxx UK Solo Singles from 1980-1985 and Midge Ure 1982-1991

NOW THE BAD NEWS.MOST OF ULTRAVOX'S VIDEOS HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM YOU TUBE. I HAVE DONE THE BEST I CAN WITH WHAT IS AVAILABLE. All In One Day is A live performance from 1986.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When sending your lists may I ask that you put the lists in this order.
    Ultravox:
    The John Foxx Years:

Young savage
    Dangerous rhythm
    My sex
    Rockwrok
    Hiroshima Mon Amour
    Quirks
    Quiet men
    Slow motion

The Midge Ure years:
    Sleepwalk
    Passing strangers
    Vienna
    All stood still
    The thin wall
    The voice
    Reap the wild wind
    Hymn
    Visions in blue
    We came to dance
    One small day
    Dancing with tears in my eyes
    Lament
    Love’s great adventure
    Same old story
    All fall down
    All in one day

Solo:
    John Foxx:

A new kind of man
    Underpass
    No one driving
    Burning car
    Miles away
    Europe: After the rain
    Dancing like a gun
    Endlessly
    Endlessly (Remix)
    Your dress
    Like a miracle
    Enter the angel
    Stars on fire

Midge Ure:
    No regrets
    After a fashion
    If I was
    That certain smile
    Wastelands
    Call of the wild
    Answers to nothing
    Dear Gold
    Cold cold heart
    I see hope (in the morning light)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  2. Oh, interesting!
    Can we have a John Foxx singles rate as a bonus?!
    It´s a no brainer that Hiroshima Mon Amour is going to win this, closely followed by My Sex.
    No, really!

nnnumb and Hairycub1969 like this.
  3. yay!

This should be a good rate. I don't know much about the John Foxx era - but I do love "Hiroshima Mon Amor" and "Slow Motion" - I always see them as a completely different band when Midge joined though

4. My Sex and Slow Motion.

Hopefully I won't forget this rate.

Eric Generic and Hairycub1969 like this.
  5. Oh! This is a nice surprise. I don't keep up with what rates are upcoming!

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  6. As far as I remember, I've never got around to taking part in a rate on PJ.

Might do this one.

7. Just been watching an episode of Bergerac from late 1982, and heard a snippet of Reap The Wild Wind in the background. Reminded me of this rate!

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  8. Can't wait for this rate - they made some great videos too!

nnnumb and Eric Generic like this.
  9. Just to remind you this starts Monday with a few extra add ons. See the first post for details.

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  10. Excellent! John Foxx rate too. There should be more than a few tens in this one. And a few low scorers for Midge solo.

11. [​IMG]
    Essential. Along with the OMD one for "Messages".

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  12. I may give this a go. I've been listening to 'em way more lately (thanks, Retrochart!).

13. Yes sir, I have both!

Eric Generic likes this.
  14. I do not know him/them?! Or maybe if I hear something I will recognize it. Not sure if I will participate.

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  15. @Sprockroster - please give it a go - it could mean everything to you!

Eric Generic and Sprockrooster like this.
  16. I see what you did there.

Hairycub1969 and Sprockrooster like this.
  17. Lets get this started with the first five tracks up.including 2 B-Sides. In this selection are Young Savage, Dangerous Rhythm, My Sex, RockWrok and Hiroshima Mon Amour We shall discuss each track on it's own once all tracks are up for this vote.

18. The next five are Quirks, Quiet Man, Slow Motion, Passing Strangers & Sleepwalk

19. Next Five are Vienna, All Stood Still, Thin Wall, The Voice, Reap The Wild Wind

20. Up next are Hymn, Visions In Blue, We Came To Dance, One Small Day and Dancing With Tears In My Eyes