Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by truman, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Was there already a thread for this ? Either way I can't find it.

Created by Tina Fey and some other dude.
    Starring Ellie Kemper and Jane Krakowski.

Trailer is out and looks semi-ok or semi-shit. I can't tell.

[video=youtube;mNKEKlXY3Z4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNKEKlXY3Z4[/video]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  2. Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Tina Fey! Jane Krakowski!)

The trailer hasn't blown me away but I still have a massive amount of faith in it. I suppose a trailer for 30 Rock would have looked a right mess.

3. Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Tina Fey! Jane Krakowski!)

Allegedly it's a mess in the beginning but as the season goes along (13 episodes in total) it improves.

Kind of like 30 Rock in its' first season, I guess.

4. Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Tina Fey! Jane Krakowski!)

Ellie Kemper makes my skin crawl.

5. Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Tina Fey! Jane Krakowski!)

Give her a chance, Rhombus! Give her a chance!
    This is the closest thing we'll come to 30 Rock at this time in history.

It does look very twee but at the same time I'm pretty sure the off-beat humour that was present in 30 Rock will somehow make its way into this.
    Even if it totally completely sucks, I'm sure there will be a Tina Fey cameo down the line (?) (?) (?)

6. Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Tina Fey! Jane Krakowski!)

It looks nice enough and if Tina Fey is involved as a writer, I have faith in it.
    I can't really think of a single comedy show that was good right away. 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, hell even über-sitcoms Seinfeld and Friends were comparatively shit during their first season.

7. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Tina Fey! Jane Krakowski!)

Modern Family was amazing starting episode one. One of the greatest comedy pilots ever probably. However, generally, you're absolutely right. Comedies take a minute to catch their stride.

8. Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Tina Fey! Jane Krakowski!)

Not really convinced but I will surely give it a go. Trailers are supposed to basically take all the great bits and make you not want to miss it. This trailer fails in that respect. OR it's just so bad that these ARE the best bits? I will ONLY be watching it because of Jane Krakowski.

9. Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Tina Fey! Jane Krakowski!)

I actually really liked the look of the trailer. It doesn't seem to be 30 Rock-esque at all but still quite funny and Jane Krakowski's character feels like she's going to be great. I'm excited.

10. Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Tina Fey! Jane Krakowski!)

I agree there, it looks great, Jane's character is promising, and I see nothing 30 Rock in it.
    I'm a bit unsure about this cliché supergay character....

11. Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Tina Fey! Jane Krakowski!)

Was that D'Fwan?

12. Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Tina Fey! Jane Krakowski!)

This looks absolutely awful and unfunny but then again I wasn't a huge fan of the first half of 30 Rock's premiere season either. Let's hope it gets as good as 30 Rock which I still miss dearly.

13. Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Tina Fey! Jane Krakowski!)

I love Tina Fey, but the concept didn't sound great and the trailer isn't funny at all. This quote from TV By The Numbers echoes my feelings:

I'll still give it a go for the first few episodes at least.

14. Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Tina Fey! Jane Krakowski!)

True. And the concept never ever works after the first season or so. But maybe it's enough of a hook at the beginning until they smooth out some problems and develop the characters.

By the way, the line "I've had everything normal happen to me" is so 30 Rock. It's not in-your-face-lol but I think it's quite witty.

15. Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Tina Fey! Jane Krakowski!)

So ready for this show. Premieres on March 6!

Ms Fey and Mr Carlock can do no wrong in my opinion.

16. Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Tina Fey! Jane Krakowski!)

Has Tina Fey started promoting this yet? Every time she has a new project out I'm always excited to see her get interviewed, but I think she's filming a movie at the minute...

17. Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Tina Fey! Jane Krakowski!)

I think think this looks freaking hilarious! "Well I wish I was your yellow hat!" Excited to check it out thanks for posting!

18. This looks adorable.

Jane Krakowski better be great.

19. I'm so excited for this. 30 Rock is my favourite sitcom ever, so I have high expectations.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015