Unpopular K-Pop Opinions | Page 20 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unpopular K-Pop Opinions

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vikeyeol, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Calling Rookie bad when it contains these amazing hymns?

Choices, bby. Choices.

Okay, I'll stop commenting in here now. This thread gives me unnecessary stress dddddddddddd.

Island, Cotton Park, Serg. and 2 others like this.
  2. Well personally for me, nothing but Rookie and Body Talk worked. Hence the unpopular opinion :')

Slice of Life likes this.
  3. I love Ariana Grande.

Slice of Life likes this.
  4. You can say this for like half of SM B-sides of past two years.

Not that I'm complaining though.

5. If we're on Red Velvet, Dumb is a fucking abomination.

Seger likes this.
  6. Likey is so bad. I'm honestly shocked that everyone likes it.

Seger likes this.
  7. LOONA 1/3 is just as good as OEC and I wish people would stop underrating their material because it’s not a Westernized pop like OEC.

8. Personally, I'm less familiar with LOONA 1/3 because I came in late after roux stopped stinking up their brand, kii. I think it's more of an association thing with us.

R92, Island, Seger and 3 others like this.
  9. He

He

1/3's music does not strike me as less Western than OEC, to be honest.

It's just a bit on the safe side of the spectrum.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Ceir likes this.
  10. I don't think 1/3 is necessarily safer than OEC, it's just completely different. It's not surprising OEC's music resonates with people on the forum since it's more in line with KPJ's taste as a whole. I personally like both, but find tracks like Girl Front or Sweet Crazy Love more instant and easy to get into than Sonatine (which I love now but hated at first) or Let Me In, for example.

Anyway, I think the most important thing here is to remember that ViVi is still the best member.

xx

Island, Seger, Slice of Life and 3 others like this.
  11. That doesn't really excuse the overall attitude that OEC is more worthy and/or talented than 1/3, though.

I disagree, but that's a funny argument when there's a good amount of people in this forum who appreciate either Apink's or GFriend's music.

I don't know, I just think people here are so much more interested in da bopz that they won't even bother checking out something that isn't as blatantly in your face. And that's fine, truly, it only stops being fine when, without even having checked things out, they are quick to dismiss the quality of their contribution, s'all.

12. Loona pre Lip is shit xx

He and Ceir like this.
  13. Nn gotta love it when people complain about others criticizing a group when they never miss an opportunity to shit on another group.
    Plus the people enjoying either Apink or GFRIEND are certainly not the ones who are going to dismiss 1/3’s music.

Ceir likes this.
  14. I'm not shitting on them sis. I like Apink and GFriend, I just agree that their music has become very same-y hence the usage of them as examples. Don't put words in my mouth, please.

15. 1/3 (not including Vivi) is so bland.

Pass. It's like inoffensive coffee shop music. Just like APink.

1/3 and OEC are sonically different, I dont even know why you're so surprised.

Seger and He like this.
  16. [​IMG]

17. I'm not, doesn't mean I can't be annoyed.

18. I like 1/3 but despise A Beige. I despise BTS, but I’ll listen to Wanna One or Seventeen. I don’t fit into your argument’s logic.

He likes this.
  19. They hardly make the same type of music though nñn

20. They kinda do. Western influenced kpop, most predominantly bopz as you call them.