Utada Hikaru | Page 76 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Utada Hikaru

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Osiris, Aug 9, 2010.

1. OMG! She came from her hiatus stronger than ever! These new two songs are flawless, and the Forevermore video is amazing. Queen of Japan! She is in her own league.

miznitch likes this.
  2. The Fantome-resurrection has been her best incarnation yet. The quality of the production is impeccable, just like every song on 'Fantome'. Maybe a new album isn't that far on the horizon.

She could easily knock me down with those arms.

Aside from 'Eternally', the rate is going great.

mi|kshake likes this.
  3. Why is her voice so good it makes me scream at God in jealous rage?

evilsin likes this.
  4. how did I miss this?
    and how did it go from cute Totoro music at the beginning to Bjorkish Homogenic orchestra at the end?

Mr Blonde and evilsin like this.
  5. Forevermore is so interesting to me. Like, it feels like it shouldn't make sense when I split the parts up in my head but it flows so well. I'm so excited for the next album.

evilsin likes this.
  6. The progression in Oozora is absolutely sublime. I initially wrote it off after hearing it in the advert (oh this is a cute jingle), not realizing how the production grows and expands, recruiting all these little quirks and those urgent strings. Forevermore is pretty nice but not as striking.

I love how her voice has aged. Her vocals on Fantome and these new singles is a new peak.

Mr.Arroz and aaronhansome like this.
  7. I have to agree with the point about her voice. It became so velvet-y with time. I remember how some people critisized her voice for being shakey and worbbly at the time of ULTRA BLUE, but she's in great control now.

Mr Blonde and Mr.Arroz like this.
  8. I think it also helps she doesn't tour a lot. She doesn't strain her voice as much as someone like Ayumi Hamasaki.

9. Well... Ayumi is not that great of a comparison, considering she's almost deaf now, as sad as this is.

miznitch and Mr.Arroz like this.
  10. I like her shaky voice with a passion
    Those shaky vibrato in First Love is heaven!

11. Utada just has one of those voices, where anything she sings becomes some sort of of delight.

Like, I couldn't compare it to any other voice, its so unique to her and she's grown with it so wonderfully over the years. It's very different and untraditional, but also full of control. I find the longer I have listened to her music, the more I understand basically everything she's done. I think it's telling how the rate has such high averages for each album, her music always feels so classic and highly regarded.

"You're in my soul, Forev-er-er more" has been stuck in my head for over a week.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  12. No lies detected.

13. 3Xs

3Xs

Forevermore is her best song in years wow. Love the slightly jazzy feel. Very free-flowing.

14. New single announcement:
    http://www.utadahikaru.jp/news/detail.html?id=486620

[​IMG]

Movie trailer with song preview:

15. That movie looks bonkers.

miznitch likes this.
  16. Oh I love that photo a lot

evilsin, miznitch and send photo like this.
  17. That photo is Grade A.

18. Her visuals this era so far have been top notch.

19. The cover is gorgeous and the preview sound nice so far.

20. fancygreen likes this.