Virginia to Vegas - 2nd Album + Singles | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virginia to Vegas - 2nd Album + Singles

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by Fascination, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Canadian uncomparable singer-songwriter Derik Baker has finally released his debut album! Despite the total lack of promotion which has left me totally salty about Wax Records, I'm very excited about Derik and where he ends up going.

I was never really that into him until I heard Lights Out and lost my mind. His album is pretty great - Fuck Me Up is the highlight. He also does a cover of Alyssa Reid's song Beautiful and it sounds pretty good. I love Alyssa so I'm glad they work together so closely.

(@Pecans I've seen you in the Alyssa thread and wasn't sure if you were interested in him or aware of his album coming out!)

Pecans likes this.
  2. Wait, what?? He has an album out? I had no idea! I don't often listen to male vocalists but his EP, Vol. 1, really impressed me. Don't Fight The Music is a brilliant song.

I'm so happy that Wax have let him release this album though - Alyssa has definitely been the golden goose of the label but Derik is definitely proving himself to be on par with her, success-wise. But yeah, they both go really well together musically, both vocally and lyrically. I'd love another collaboration.

Fascination likes this.
  3. [​IMG]

Brand new single Selfish is due to come out on February 24. Only two months after he finally released his album!

Pecans likes this.
  4. Any track that borrows a hook from Rockwell can't be bad.

5. A bit late, and the video isn't particularly remarkable but the video for Selfish:

I've been hearing it on the radio a lot lately, so I'm hoping it's actually sticking.

6. New single Emotions:

No word yet on a second album, but Selfish is still all over radio so surely something is happening!