What's That Song? | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Maybe this? But it was released in Autumn 1996, not Summer. Jangly female mid-90s indie is my thing, I will keep thinking!

You've Got A Lot To Answer For by Catatonia was also around that time, not so 60s though

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    Joanie likes this.
  2. Close but it sounded “sweeter” like it was doing 60’s Sandie Shaw or Lulu with indie production.

3. Maybe Dubstar? Check their Disgraceful album, had 4 singles released 95-96.
    Or The Cardigans? Carnival?
    Or some Elastica?

Columbo and Joanie like this.
  4. I got them at the time thank-you. It’s none of them.

5. Possibly?

Pecans, Joanie and Vasilios like this.
  6. No, a bit more pastoral but I appreciate you trying.

P'NutButter likes this.
  7. There's this one song that I remember seeing on TV as a kid. I think it's by a blonde female and the only lyric I remember is "the case is closed" (very descriptive I know..).

I seem to remember the music video zooming out to reveal a set layout like The Loving Kind by Girls Aloud, only the shots were of the woman in a house setting. God knows what this song is, but it's bugged me for years.

Vasilios likes this.
  8. Is it this?

9. That’s it! Thank you so much! Honestly this has been on my mind for so long - I didn’t think I’d ever be able to find it.

HollyDunnSomething and PayMe like this.
  10. One of my favorite pop songs from the 2000s. I'd recommend listening to the whole album, it's pop perfection.

11. Which song is that? I am not able to see the embed?

Pecans likes this.
  12. It's Negotiate With Love by Rachel Stevens.

13. I was going to say that too!

Pecans likes this.
  14. Well, I guess this gives me a reason to finally give Rachel’s albums a spin. She’s managed to get Negotiate With Love stuck in my head for the past 10 or so years, so kudos to her.

15. Mallory Knox? I loved Mallory Towers!

16. I really want to know what @Joanie 's song was.

Joanie likes this.
  17. Thanks so much. I thought I knew it but it turns out I don’t. Thanks again.

4Roses likes this.