What's That Song? | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. If I could go back in time for a few moments armed with Shazam I would. I accept Its a mystery I might never know.

2. Something about your descriptions made me think of

Perhaps?

roborovsky, Joanie and mynextrick like this.
  3. I wish I could say yes but alas, it still alludes me. The melody was a bit more sugary sweet. The Mono track is a nice song though.

4. Aag

Aag

I'm looking for a song that sounds similar to I Don't Want It All by Kim Petras

I know this isn't the right thread, but it seems to serve a really similar function for what I want to find out.

5. ?

6. I'm looking for a slightly different version of Pink's Just Like A Pill. I've only ever heard it once on an Australian radio channel but I can't find it anywhere,it might just be the radio edit fir Australia. It's slightly faster than the original & I really prefer it. Does anyone know where to find it? I've tried YouTube but no luck.

7. Aag

Aag

Rather than it being a song it reminded me of Katy Perry. I feel like I needed someone to point that out. However, there are some similarities to This Is How We Do. Thank you.

8. Salad? Maybe 'Motorbike From Heaven"

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  9. Sadly not. I do love that song. Thanks though.

10. This? (the CD single does list a "radio version" though, so it may be that)

11. Hmmm, no but I really like this version. Thanks!

12. It could just be a faster version of the song?

soratami likes this.
  13. Radio notoriously plays song faster (we used to do this on my Kiss FM Greece days).

14. Ooooohh I've been looking for a song I heard in a bar....I think in Lisbon.

So the songs instrumental is Dream Machine (Downtempo Mix) by Mark Farina & Sean Hayes......but it featured female vocals and completely different lyrics. Not sure if it was a "mash-up"....but can't find it anywhere?!

15. Kenickie? Probably too early... Sleeper? Belly?

16. I have almost everything by Sleeper. The female vocal was quite delicate & high pitched. Not as deep as Louise Wenner (more like Sarah Cracknell), & mostly Indie (with slight electronica). Not Dubstar (I was a fan of them too). Belly might be a possibility (but not sure how electric or beat driven they were). My instinct says definitely not Kenickie (though I'm not too aware of their stuff). I'm tempted to use the term "pastoral" sounding (ever so slightly psychadelic - but more Indie & less electronic than One Dove).

17. Will trawl my 90's female indie vocal for more ideas...

Joanie likes this.
  18. Yeah, sounds like Kenickie. Were they definitely a British band? Just throwing some possibilities out there.
    Moonpools & Caterpillars?
    Dressy Bessy?
    The Sundays?
    Juliana Hatfield?
    Heavenly?
    Hooverphonic?
    Komeda?
    April March?

Also, that Intastella song was from 1995. Are you sure you heard this in 1996?

19. Yes. August 1996. It was a hot summers day & it was on the car radio. I am a fan of Juliana, so it’s not her.

Key identifiers are:
    Pastoral
    60’s pastiche
    Indie/ electronic production blend
    Mid tempo
    Melodic
    Female vocal
    Double tracked vocal/ echo effect
    Traditional verse/ chorus/ verse structure etc

May not have been a brand new release but had radio play.

I’m sorry, I wish I knew more.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017 at 11:00 PM
  20. 2014

2014 Moderator

???