What's That Song? | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. I had one of the songs stuck in my head for over a week, more like just a part of the song that wouldn't leave me alone, it was a simple "ooh wow wow" moment. And togay I finally got it! So happy! It was AZU - LIAR'S GAME Co.JAZZY BLAZE, if you wanna know. Funny thing is it's in my phone's playlist, ha!

2. I had totally forgotten about this song and it totally has reinvigorated me this week so thanks.

Vasilios likes this.
  3. Thanks I was/ am a fan of Lush. My best guess (which admittedly is not a good one) right now, is it may have been a flop single by The Sunday’s. I don’t know The Sunday’s catalogue beyond that one big hit, so I can’t say for sure.

4. This?

Joanie likes this.
  5. Or this one (which is one of my favorite songs by them)

Joanie likes this.
  6. Neither unfortunately, but thanks both for taking time out your day to help. It is appreciated.

blissteria likes this.
  7. W2K

W2K

I have one line from a song in my head, the line is “help me out”. I originally thought it was Illusion by Kylie but it’s not. It’s definitely by a pop girl though. Any ideas guys?!

8. ?

deepheat03 and Joanie like this.
  9. Slightly poppier and more commercial than your description, but it's not West End Pad by Cathy Dennis? She went a bit 60s jangly guitar in August 96.

10. Sadly not, I was very switched on to the charts at that time, so whatever it is was, it was ultimately obscure but sounded like it was aimed to be a commercial indie hit. (A bit like dubstar or peach with a similar level of technology influence) but with a 60s influence also, a lazy beat - from real drums (hence the indie influence) possibly some synth & reverb on the vocals like Sarah cracknell. I’d say it had a slightly haunting shangri-las influence (in part due to the vocal reverb/ echo).

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  11. I’ve been trying for years to find a track that was released not long after Club Popjustice launched at Trash Palace in London, so I’m saying 2006. I recall constantly requesting it and getting it played by the DJ, I was obsessed.

The singer was a female rapper in the vein of Lady Soveriegn/Jentina and the production along with the lyrical delivery was pacey and more commercial sounding to me. It stalled somewhere in the 30s on the UK Chart I believe, so it’s possible that this artist may have never released anything else. I feel like it’s highly possible she had two parts to her. name as an artis - a title or profession, and then a first name or the opposite way around. Then again, that could be me getting her blurred with Lady Soverign.

The irony is that I became aware of the song through this forum, but since I remember neither the artist nor the song name, I can’t track it down as much as I’ve searched and searched!

12. 2014

2014 Moderator

Ms. Dynamite?

13. No, but thank you. Ms. Dynamite I would have known.

2014 likes this.
  14. Boomkat?

15. Don’t Play Nice? Verbalicious

Took The Night?

deepheat03 likes this.
  16. YES!!! Come through Vas!! Thank you x

Mirwais Ahmadzaï and 2014 like this.
  17. Mess

18. I can’t believe it turned out to Natalia Kills.

19. Well there's my lipsync on my way to work in the snow song sorted for today.

Maggie's Myth and deepheat03 like this.
  20. I did not know Verbalicious was natakia kills! I feel dumb. I have a signed photo of her when she was Natalia Cappucini that I got in a prize bundle one time. She is like a shape shifter

deepheat03 and Tribal Spaceman like this.