What's That Song? | Page 18 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Daniel bennigfield - gotta get through this

Slamb likes this.
  2. THERE'S A PINNED THREAD.

2014, MiChiMadNesS and Sprockrooster like this.
  3. Check out the original...

Meathook likes this.
  4. I was going to post this (even though it's a few years later):

5. Okey I've been obsessed trying to remember a recent song I think I discovered here in the friday's playlist but not sure, all I remember is the infectious chorus saying something like: "he's a player, he's a, he's a, he's a player"

Help please!

6. This?

7. yassssssss! this one! thank you so much, you made my day!

8. Have the start of a song stuck in my head. It's recent and I think indie. Think it sounds a little like Everything Everything. All I have is the very start of it that uses a male vocal harmony of 'da da dum dum' over and over.

I'm going insane searching Spotify! Help!

9. Maybe this???

Remorque likes this.
  10. That's a fair guess from what I said, but it seems more like this, lots of guitars. Sounds a lot like what Radio1 often spin.

11. 2014

2014 Moderator

Can't link it at the moment but The Horrors - Something To Remember Me By?

12. I thought you were on to something, but no, not close!

13. This was not a good song, artist or even a hit but a friend and I have been trying to track it down for years just to convince ourselves we didn’t imagine it.

It was the early 00s and the artist was a very young female (too young to be a popstar really, we’re talking 12/13) - kind of a British, bargain basement Kaci. She featured on quite a few pop shows of the time, possibly including early Popworld (though I don’t remember them taking the piss out of her- maybe it was one of the softer Miquita-only interviews).

The song was called something like “Shake it” (but google searching that title only leads to that Metro Station song) and the verse went something like “Friday night/school is out/forget about your homework/ time to scream and shout” and the chorus went something like “Shake your booty on the dance floor/on the dance floo-ooor”.

The video was very Ark.

14. Help:
    - rock band with female lead singer. Song in year 2000. She was 40 but looked 20 in video
    - band name some long word beginning with S
    - band were English
    - other members were men
    - she slithers around the ground in video

15. Was it this? Maybe not - the lead singer wasn’t much of a writher.

16. No, the lead female only sang I think. A lot of screaming but not emo screaming.

17. Republica? Doesn’t begin with S and biggest hits were more like 1996-98 rather than 2000 but the rest kind of fits.

18. Much darker than Republica.

Like I would say industrial heavy rock but still melodic enough that a PJ user still loved the song.

19. Are you absolutely sure the band name starts with an S?

20. 2014

2014 Moderator

this?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.