What's That Song? | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. YES!!! Thank you so much.
    How did you know of this?

2014 likes this.
  2. 2014

2014 Moderator

I'm just a genius

No I have it on an old Hits compilation - take a look if you like; (also includes Britney, Kylie, Kelis and P!nk, it's pretty lit)

[​IMG]

3. I don't think "Hello" was even released in the end! It was one of those that was big on The Box but nowhere else.

4. Hehe, shame I only discovered this thread just now! I suspected you were referring to this song from your very first posts, sorry!

I swear I have embedded this song/video in at least 3 popular threads in the last few months but nobody really cared. My favourite song of 2017 so far.

Her EP/mini-album is definitely worth checking out too!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    backstreetjoe, Subspace88 and Leopold like this.
  5. Better late than never!

New quest:

Can anyone help me - the other day I came across some ~mystical Madonna bop, she quotes the Bible briefly, sings "You are...(something something)", and mentions nature in various ways (shit like "the dry earth...how can it be blah blah? the sweeping winds...how can...?").

I don't really know how to explain it but it's basically artsy fartsy mystical Madge at her finest.

Cedric likes this.
  6. That kind of sounds like Mer Girl, but the lyrics don't exactly match.

Should be something from that album/era at least, I think.

Leopold likes this.
  7. Could be Sanctuary too

Leopold likes this.
  8. It's Sanctuary babes, thanks!

2014 and soratami like this.
  9. Can I ask a similar what if question? At the beginning of Venus Fly by Grimes - to me it sounds like some late 90's/Early 2000s dance track and I can't place it, am I going mad?

slaybellz likes this.
  10. 2014

2014 Moderator

I don't know why but I've always been reminded of this;

maybe it helps??

11. Wow you're right. If someone figures it out, please also tell me because it's bothering me too now.

It's reminding a bit of Kylie's "Can't Get You Out Of My Head".

12. No, it's not that

My brain keeps taking me back to Braxe and Falke 'Intro' but that's not it either

13. ?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  14. I heard a beautiful version of Somewhere Only We Know on radio the other day but I couldn't shazam it. It was by a male artist I think and it had sort of the same vibe of the Lily Allen version but it was slighty faster. Anyone has a clue?

15. It was on X Factor over the weekend, I doubt that helps but there ya go!

16. What is that really popular electronic housy song with the only lyrics being "and your'e telling me" repeated call and response by a male and female over like a digital xylophone or something? It's playing on Applecare's hold music and I'm getting my life.

17. What's that eurodance song where she's singing about finally being free or being a star or something to that effect. It has a supermassive, big vocals chorus.

18. Ultra Nate?

Mr Blonde and 2014 like this.
  19. 2014

2014 Moderator

LITERALLY THE BEST SONG EVER

WowWowWowWow, Mr Blonde and Vasilios like this.
  20. That album is really good. New Kind Of Medicine is that bop.

WowWowWowWow and 2014 like this.