What's That Song? | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. The description somehow put this is instantly in my mind:

2014 and Mr Blonde like this.
  2. SUPER BOP but not the one I was thinking of. I think it's less of a well known song?

Random information my brain remembers that isn't a song title: the song is credited to a DJ/group, but the vocalist provided vocals to a few of their singles and I think did her own thing as well but never really took off.

Edit: Found it! Trawling through the eurodance artists mega wiki page

BOP with me!!!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  3. Not the one but thank you for bringing this back into my life

Sprockrooster likes this.
  4. 2014

2014 Moderator

WHAT A SONG

WowWowWowWow, phily693 and Mr Blonde like this.
  5. Can you guys help me identify a song cue that was used during last night's Emmys?

JamieHT likes this.
  6. Can somebody find me this song : I think she is a German singer, the song is kinda anthemic, sounds like Lana mix with Ellie Goulding, probably has word Star in the title ?

7. 2014

2014 Moderator

This?

Sprockrooster likes this.
  8. The singer is correct but what I search is Stardust ddd, thank you

Sprockrooster and 2014 like this.
  9. One of the best eurovision songs ever.

10. I had this bop on my Windows Media Player library back in the day haha. Wasn't she from South Africa?

phily693 likes this.
  11. This thread should be renamed Unidentified Bops. I'm loving most things posted in here so far.

2014 likes this.
  12. Her pronunciation of the word love still rubs me the wrongest way. Just can't.

13. This is a lot better.

phily693 likes this.
  14. I have absolutely no clue how to describe this, but I heard a song today that seemed to be sung entirely in a high pitched whisper vocal. It was somewhere between mid and uptempo. I tried Shazam but it couldn't pick it up. I listened to a few Mariah Carey snippets from her #1's album but I didn't notice the song from that. It sounded pretty R&B (ie- not some Stargate EDM nonsense).

And another song that will always bother me is an 80's or 90's reggaeish song between a woman (Jody Watley?) and a male rapper that I once heard over 2 years ago at a mini golf place. I feel like it might be from one of her earlier stuff or even Shalamar but I haven't gone into their discography yet to find out.

15. Not this?

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  16. What was that song that came out in the late 90s, possibly early 2000s, which I think was sang completely in French and was a really big European hit from what I recall? I think the singer was called Amelie or something similar, mousyish hair, young, I see cornfields in the video and she's outdoors... it's such an obvious one but I can't for the life of me think of the song goes anymore and I want to listen to it!

Maybe she had a French name and the song was in English? I can't even remember. My sister who was a bit older than me used to play it on repeat and the video was always on The Box.

18. 2014

2014 Moderator

Try listening to some FKA Twigs, or maybe it's an old Aaliyah song?

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  19. This is a bigger bop than I remembered! Thanks!