Where to buy good quality cd jewel cases? | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy good quality cd jewel cases?

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Zarjazz, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Been purging the collection of damaged cases, in total about 150 need replacing, so I'm in need of a job lot. My usual trick of going down the local chazzer and buying cheap gun fodder (sorry Robbie) slinging the cd/artwork and reusing the case will take too long so I'm looking for a supplier of good quality jewel cases... I already bought a load off a local record store but they turned out to be rubbish so I returned em, hoping not to have to go through that again! Also need a few cd single cases.

Anyone know a good source?

2. Zarjazz likes this.
  3. I tried to get some off amazon, using reputable sellers, but it turned into a bit of a nightmare. The first batch had more than half of them with knife cuts in the spines, and the replacement batch reeked of perfume.

Will have a look at @AcerBenII 's link myself!

Zarjazz likes this.
  4. I could never do this, I know that probably most of the time the plant just uses the lots they have available but for me the jewel case that was originally used cannot be replaced.

Lapras, Zarjazz, Txetxu and 1 other person like this.
  5. I do slightly regret replacing stickered ones from the 80s and 90s, even though they were a bit scuffed.

6. Lock me up but it's totally generic ones too.
    So, clearly absolutely never the stickered ones.
    In fact I am so grateful that I was able to find a Reputation cd with the original pink sticker, and various Results with sticker (different stickers to boot).
    (I am still hoping to find Reputation on vinyl with the sticker. And in Mint condition.)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Eric Generic likes this.
  7. Thanks Ace, I will try them!

I'd have charged you extra for scented ones.

Eric Generic likes this.
  8. If you have patchouli-scented ones you'd be a godsent.

Zarjazz and Eric Generic like this.