Whitney Houston | Page 84 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitney Houston

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by IotV, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Cissy forever pressed over the (more successful) careers of others!

2. Yep!

3. Always gotta find time anyday to bop to this all party classic.

Stepsmatt and londonrain like this.
  4. The irony of being homophobic when your name is Cissy...

5. Ha, so very true!

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  6. I went to see Queen of the Night touring show last night, was really good fun. Always a pleasure to hear Whitney’s music being kept alive. Very talented group too of singers.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  7. I saw the same show last year, and I too felt very much the same. Her legacy of classics, should never be allowed to be forgotten.

8. I AM SCREAMING

Is this from the Aretha performance of Rolling In The Deep!? Where my partner said out loud "who is this relative of Aretha getting paid to not even bother singing?"

I never knew that it was Miss Cissy Houston aka Original Performer Of Midnight Train To Georgia TM

POPGASM and idratherjack like this.
  9. I Wanna Dance With Somebody is still one of the greatest pop records ever made. It still sounds fresh today 31 years after release.
    It epitomised everything about Whitney in 1987. Utterly amazing.

WhatKindOfKylie? and Vasilios like this.
  10. This not having a multicoloured super perm thumb annoys me!

11. Yeah I remember trying to front and hate it as a 14 year old because it overshadowed Madonna's Who's That Girl but yes. Anthem.

londonrain and Rooneyboy like this.
  12. Anthem of the year it was I suspect!

13. God, what a legend!

idratherjack likes this.
  14. Seeing Whitney live at her peak must have been akin to a religious experience!

15. This!

Anthology and idratherjack like this.
  16. I have seen most of the great pop divas in concert but Whitney and Donna Summer would have been something special. The sheer power of their voices live must have been phenomenal.

17. Indeed, both magical voices both of them. Sad how they both passed away just months apart too.

Anthology and idratherjack like this.
  18. Personally, I would have been a fatality after she hurried off the stage on the notes of the outro with this magical, impossible, unreal, beamed-down-from-heaven performance of

19. Very true!

20. How could Whitney not like this lovely song? One of her most beautiful moments.

idratherjack likes this.