Who here deletes unwanted songs from an album when they play it? | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who here deletes unwanted songs from an album when they play it?

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by UnionJackMix, Apr 20, 2017 at 9:57 PM.

1. In 1989, I would have deleted Love Song from Like a Prayer.

In 2017, I appreciate the song much more. So, no deletion required.

2. A guy in secondary school would scratch album tracks he didn't like. I borrowed Madonna's Like A Virgin off him and the last three tracks on Side 1 were gouged.
    He was subsequently convicted of embezzlement about 15 years later.

3. I wouldn't have expected this from you!
    -------------
    This is why I hate iTunes releases, all those people who buy single tracks! Artists should not allow people to purchase single tracks. I know some tracks are album only, but only a few.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 9:34 PM
    Eric Generic likes this.
  4. I often buy single tracks on 7Digital when I need them for a mix - usually in the following situations:

1) I own the track on vinyl but can't be arsed doing a rip.
    2) I own the track on CD but it's housed on one of the inaccessible shelves which necessitates moving DVDs, boxes and other CDs to reach it.

Eric Generic likes this.
  5. OHMYGOD!!!! That's me sometimes too!!!

nlgbbbblth and Eric Generic like this.
  6. I've not even deleted Beyoncé's 1+1 or Florence's cover of Halo - I keep EVERYTHING!

UnionJackMix and Eric Generic like this.
  7. Lately I even resort to re-buying it for pennies if my copy's in storage, just for the convenience.

nlgbbbblth and UnionJackMix like this.
  8. This is me, too. I found a DVD copy of Fatal Attraction because I haven't seen it in years and want to watch it again, but it's somewhere in storage or maybe lost, so a cheap new version it is.

9. Popjustice is served.

nlgbbbblth and Fluorocarbon like this.
  10. ^^ This (except I love Kylie's Chocolate)

11. I cant bring myself to actually delete them... my music ocd wont allow it, but i do 'untick' those I don't like so they wont make it to my iPod/phone - the Iggy track on Music Complete for example, or 'John the Revelator' by Mode...

Experience has taught me that I often come back to the less obvious tracks so removing them completely isn't a good idea.

idratherjack and Eric Generic like this.
  12. I used to delete songs from my iTunes in the early days but invariably would live to regret it eg I deleted a few songs from Eurythmics greatest hits (not many but those which I felt were less than 7/10) which I now wish I could listen to!

Now as I am at full capacity I am always frantically unticking loads of songs to try and make space for new stuff! At least with the "unticked" stuff you know it's still there.

ModeRed and Eric Generic like this.