Wonder Woman (2017) | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wonder Woman (2017)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by MarlonBrando86, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Liked it but didn't love it.

The film is very... charming. It's easy to like and doesn't have many higher aspirations clouding the storytelling, unlike most superhero movies.

However, the pace of the plotting is quite bad, and I didn't buy Remus Lupin as the "Big Bad" for one second. Of course they needed to give him a ridiculous suit of armour when the man himself looks like he'd struggle to break a twig. Could have done without the Scottish "Jar Jar" character too.

2. I still haven't had a chance to see this. Screenings are at really awkward times for some reason. Hoping to finish work early tomorrow and catch it then.

3. Ares is usually portrayed in his huge armour, but is known for taking unassuming forms.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Talent. Always. Wins.

5. Would've loved to have this when I was a little girl.

Jwentz and TheDangerZone like this.

6. "DON'T POLLUTE YOU IDIOT"

Jwentz, LTG, heavymetalGAGA and 9 others like this.
  7. It's sad but the success of this film/character that has meant to so much to me for so long - it's one of the only positive things to happen in pop culture and media in the last year.

lushLuck, sfmartin, Lander and 2 others like this.
  8. I thought it was kind of shit which is a shame as I wanted to stan. Loads of plot points were dropped randomly or made no sense. Why was there a native American with them?
    The character herself was charming and fierce though so that's something going forward.

blod likes this.
  9. It felt like a real reference to war-time comics with gangs of lads, often stereotypes of bizarrely disparate cultures, coming together. Of course, this ditched the racist overtones, but kept that feeling of unlikely characters banded together. War comics have never been on my radar outside of being a massive DC/Marvel comic nerd, but thinking of things like Blackhawks, Howling Commandos... it was an odd bunch that resonated with me as feeling apt as a reference but I understand not feeling the same. Each of the men felt in some way alienated from their own peers but wanted to help win the war I guess.
    [​IMG]

Jwentz likes this.
  10. The movie was good and quite charming. Gal is very likable as Wonder Woman. For me, the movie never really got boring or plodded along. I was so glad that the potential love interest was not a distraction from showing Wonder Woman's prowess at all.

The CGI was almost at Once Upon a Time levels of bad at times, though.

11. Did you miss the return of Rita Ora? Beyoncé's pregnancy?

Island likes this.
  12. [​IMG]

13. No doubt the film has inspired many young girls around the world, but this particular tweet is very r/ThatHappened (kii at 'Thank you to whomever wrote it' though).

14. ...

Is that Lee Ryan interviewing her?!

15. Good watch for those of us stanning the Wonder Woman-theme. Not the heavy analysis you could expect from 8 minutes, but some interesting views I hadn't thought of.

Macanudo likes this.
  16. Rmx

Rmx

I LOVED THIS.

So, so, SO good. I'm speechless!!

17. That electric cello. Tingles, still.

18. Finally caught this tonight. 7/10. Gal is a sensational Wonder Woman, it was like she had just stopped out of a comic book, but that cheesy fight scene at the end was toe-curlingly cringey and the movie would have been better without it.