X-Men | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-Men

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by duckface, Jan 26, 2013.

1. duckface

duckface Guest

EDIT: I have changed the thread title so that we can discuss all of the X-movies, including the upcoming 'The Wolverine" (2013) and "X-Men: Days of Future Past" (2014).

THE WOLVERINE
    James Mangold directing. Sequel to "X-Men: The Last Stand", they seem to be pretending "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" never happened.

- Hugh Jackman as Logan
    - Will Yun Lee as Silver Samurai
    - Rila Fukushima as Yuriko
    - Svetlana Khodchenkova as Viper
    - Famke Jannsen as Jean Grey

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
    Bryan Singer directing the sequel to "X-Men: First Class".

Confirmed Returnees from First Class:
    - James McAvoy as Xavier
    - Michael Fassbender as Magneto
    - Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique
    - Nicholas Hoult as Beast

Confirmed Returnees from the original trilogy:
    - Patrick Stewart as Old Xavier
    - Ian McKellen as Old Magneto
    - Halle Berry as Storm
    - Hugh Jackman as Wolverine
    - Anna Paquin as Rogue
    - Shawn Ashmore as Iceman
    - Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde
    - Daniel Cudmore as Colossus

New:
    - Peter Dinklage as TBA Villain (Apocalypse?)
    - Omar Sy as TBA
    - BooBoo Stewart as TBA
    - Fan Bingbing as Blink

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2013
  2. Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

That's a seriously amazing cast. I can see them trying to out-blockbuster the Avengers on this one.

I can't believe they'd bring back Jackman and Ellen Page and not give them the lead roles

I think Singer has a lot to prove on this one - after a few mediocre movies (and one - Superman Returns - terrible movie) and can he better First Class, which, for me, gets better with every viewing.

3. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

From my understanding, the cast from the original Bryan Singer films are going to appear in minor roles to create a sense of familiarity and McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence, and Holt will be the primary leads.

Hugh just finished filming the second Wolverine movie - I doubt he's going to spend six to eight months to film another blockbuster. McKellan and Stewart probably stand the best chance of having big parts to play, especially since First Class was devoted entirely to their relationship.

4. BTG

BTG

Ugh. Jennifer Lawrence. Horrendous.

The rest excites me incredibly. And I'm delighted that January Jones appears to be sitting this one out. She was one of the biggest disappointments of the last film.

I dearly hope they erase The Last Stand.

5. Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

Rogue? Yes. Definitely on board with this one.

Although I'm sad we aren't going to get a proper continuation of First Class, the cast so far and the promise of a really grand blockbuster have me in high hopes.

6. Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

I am too excited about all of this.

7. Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

Kinda agree with that. I think they should have treated it as a complete reboot. Far superior to the Singer films.

8. duckface

duckface Guest

It kind of was a Singer film, though!

But I agree with wanting a proper First Class continuation. I wanted to know what the early Brotherhood would be getting up to, with Emma, Azazel, and Riptide on board. And I was looking forward to seeing how they'd establish the Havok-Cyclops connection (there is absolutely no way they could be brothers in the film continuity; they're about 30 years apart!).

Or maybe that will happen? They could always show up in the '80s at the end of their DOFP adventure rather than the '70s.

9. Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

UM JANUARY JONES WAS FIERCE FABULOUS.

10. BTG

BTG

Oh no, baby no. January Jones was fucking awful.

So are we assuming this crossover is pretty much going to lead on to a New Class sequel but also reinvigorate the main franchise? So we effectively can have two series in one expanded universe? Oh please God, yes.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  11. Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

I just want them to 'do a Star Trek' and alter the timeline and have it so that X3 never happened. That was such an awful film. Everyone died, Psylocke was introduced as a random thug (who died), Jubilee had one line despite original plans to make her a main cast member, the whole 'Magneto acting out of character' thing ugh.

I'm really excited about this though. Really hope it leads to sequels to both series. I would LOVE a film inspired by Generation X and the New Mutants.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  12. duckface

duckface Guest

Jubilee had a line! But you couldn't see her when she said it, so yes, nowhere to be seen!

"Are you alright, professor?"

13. Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

Yeah I do remember that but I was not impressed! I've edited my post now anyway.

I wish they could stick Gambit in this too. That half-arsed effort in the Wolverine movie was an insult to the character.

It's been said that the movie contains elements of 'The Age of Apocapypse' as well , which could work.

14. duckface

duckface Guest

Gambit would be great. It would be nice to see Taylor Kitsch in a movie that isn't terrible.

Gambit could be with Rogue in the DOFP, and Kitty could have finally gotten with Colossus. I'm not keen on Iceman, he can just pine for both of them from a distance.

15. BTG

BTG

I think Colossus is a gonner now.

By the by, 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'... canon? Non-canon? I've never seen it, but now we're getting The Wolverine' film, I have no idea if it's meant to count or not.

Also, I trust Singer to power-up Rogue at long last.

16. BTG

BTG

Also this film has to end with a timeline change, and Wolverine, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Rogue, Iceman, Shadowcat etc, all being alive and well to set up X4.

God knows what they'll do with Storm. Halle and Singer may not have got along but let's face it, Halle's career is in a very different place than it was in the early 00's. She's not riding high on that Oscar buzz anymore and although she's still making movies, there's nothing like a blockbuster to boost your career...

17. Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

This needs a Storm, cast an unknown for all I care, but she has to be in it, she's an iconic part of the X brand.

18. Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

Yes, Storm should be a part of it.

19. Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

Yes. That role needed Charlize... but I would have -Kristen Bell too.

20. duckface

duckface Guest

Kristen Bell would have been fantastic. Although she might be better as Magik.
    Either way, January Jones was pretty bland. Her one big moment cutting the circle out of the two-way mirror was ruined by her line delivery... she looks like she's trying to remember the line.

I was much happier with the original rumours that Rosamund Pike would be playing Emma.