Younger | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Younger

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Vasilios, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Really no thread for this amazing new TV show with Hilary Duff and iconic 'lolz I am older' storylines?

First two episodes are amazing!

Younger is an American television comedy-drama series based on the Pamela Redmond Satran novel of the same name. The series stars Sutton Foster as the lead character, with Hilary Duff, Debi Mazar and Miriam Shor co-starring in other main roles.[1] The single-camera project was created and produced by Darren Star. Patricia Field, who worked with Star on Sex and the City, is a costume consultant on the production. The first season will consist of 12 episodes,[1] and premiered on March 31, 2015, at 10 pm Eastern time.[2][3]

kal likes this.
  2. Uno

Uno

I'll watch it just for the Duff, but I wasn't all that intrigued by the pilot.

3. It's cute, nothing major - the main character is very likeable.

kal likes this.
  4. This is getting better and better?! The storyline is believable and fun, the cast is great, cute guy is hot, the nasty boss is not disgustingly nasty, the main character is actually enjoying life and isn't running all the time to 'make it', Hilary is AMAZING. I really like it.

kal likes this.
  5. You'll be happy to know it's been renewed for a second season.

6. I read that! But what could they cover? She can't be a low key granny for ever?

kal likes this.
  7. "Low key granny" hahaaa!

I started watching it today and it's rather enjoyable.

"What are you? The White House Press Secretary?" made me HOWL.

8. Uno

Uno

It's gotten good reviews, apparently. Maybe I will check it out -- the first episode didn't really sell me.

9. I gave it a try yesterday because I wanted to see something more of Sutton Foster after Bunheads and...woah, I liked the pilot so much I watched the first three episodes in one sitting.

Very good show. Entertaining, funny, with likeable characters and somehow they make the story believable. If this was a film it would be a big hit. Everyone needs to get on board.

They need to showcase more the talent of Sutton, though. That girl is a beast of acting, singing and dancing, all at the same time.

10. I liked Sutton in Bunheads so i'll give this the once over when a decent amount of episodes are available to binge.

11. Today I watched the episode with Jane Krakowski...and she did not let me down.

12. I'm so glad Liza finally told what's-his-face about her age. Should make for a good season finale.

13. I only stuck with this because I wanted something short to watch on tube, and this really has improved so much. I mean, it's not great by any stretch of the imagination, but it has found a good rhythm. The show definitely got a lot better once they started developing story arcs for more than one episode (aside from lolz I'm younger).

14. A big fat y-a-a-s-s to Everything We Touch being used in Liza's photo montage.

I'm so glad we're getting a second season. This is my favourite thing to watch when feeling braindead.

15. The ending was cute. I'm looking forward to Season 2, I think there's a lot of promise that they can hopefully build on.

16. The season felt so short, I can't wait for new episodes. It's a great, great, great show.

17. For me, this really has filled the void that The Carrie Diaries left when it was cancelled. Light, frothy, leave-your-brain-at-the-door fun.

18. I liked the first 2 episodes so will definitely watch the rest. Nice 20-something minute show too, much better than 45 minutes.

19. Literally binge watched all of this in the last 2 days. Loved it!! Wish the episodes were longer or there were more of them!