Younger | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Younger

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Vasilios, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Just finished the season 4 premiere and it's surprisingly good! I think they've had some more money pumped into it judging from some of the scenery shots and music choices. It still feels really short, I just wish it was longer than 20 minutes! Duff playing the bitch really suits her.

2. I...really didn't want the show to go in this direction. It's the kind of bitter storyline that I would skip when rewatching a show. I appreciate what they're doing though, it's just that it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Honestly, fuck Kelsey. Acting so hurt but then forcing Liza to keep lying.

Mvnl and HollyDunnSomething like this.
  3. I don't mind it. I think I prefer it to just Kelsey being completely ok with it straight away which I think she'll come round to eventually.

DoggySwami likes this.
  4. Oh my God, I didn't realise it was back! I know what I'll be doing when I've finished the evening shift.

5. The premiere was great and I got my hands on the next two episodes and watched them immediately. There is nothing on TV that moves this breezily; I leave each episode craving more. I love the direction they're taking with Kelsey; it's showing that Hilary actually has some acting range.

6. I wish this was on UK Netflix.

7. Just caught up with the premier, it was brilliant! The little sneak peak at the season ahead looked intense.

8. I'm kind of over Josh - I'm ready for Liza and Charles.

Monkey0, Pecans and andru like this.
  9. If Josh and Kelsey sleep together I will be so mad. It'd be such a lazy and obvious plotline to go down.

lushLuck likes this.
  10. Just caught up on the second episode, it ended so quickly! I keep expecting them to last another 5 or 10 minutes. I didn't think this episode was as strong as others, but it looks like the season is setting itself up nicely. I'd love it if Charles and Liza end up together. I don't think Josh and Kelsey will end up sleeping together, but I can definitely see them considering it. Josh will probably want to go back to Liza, but find her kissing Charles again.

11. I just watched the first episode of season four and christ they've sucked the joy out of this show.

Mvnl likes this.
  12. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

So did they hire a girl looking quite a bit like Hillary just so promos could make it out to look like Kelsey and Josh hooked up?

I'm glad Kelsey's coming around. In a way it's only fair there's consequences and a downside to Lisa lying all the time, but I don't need this to get into painful Nurse Jackie territory

HollyDunnSomething likes this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Also at 1:13 from the back I could swear that's not Josh.
    But then there's some really odd editing going on. (Or they just had a standin for a last minute retake?)

14. I hope everyone (at least the very central key characters) find out the truth this season. But, then I fear it'll lose the very premise of the show for season 5 and flop.

lushLuck likes this.
  15. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

It could still work if she has to keep things up for the outside world for her job or something (which already is kinda happening here with Kelsey). It would also be interesting to get her in situations where being her actual age might actually benefit her.

andru likes this.
  16. I kind of dipped out of this mid season 2... does everyone still think she's a 20-something?

17. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Nope, Kelsey (and Josh) know now. As does a certain Emily girl who's been blackmailing her.

18. It's pretty much destined to do that, isn't it? It comes with the concept of the show. They could save it by making the final season all about the last revelation.

andru likes this.
  19. This week's episode was more enjoyable! And I like that they are going back to the usual lighter tone.

I liked Hilary in this interview with Seth Meyers.

andru likes this.