Your unpopular pop opinions | Page 2398 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your unpopular pop opinions

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Mvnl, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Those three together make up my Unholy Trinity for 1989. Kendrick Lamar does improve "Bad Blood" a bit, at least.

Although, next to some of what was on Reputation...

DJHazey likes this.
  2. I Wish You Would is one of the best songs on 1989.

Ashling92, Touch and Island like this.
  3. I think the new Kelsea Ballerini album is much better than the new Taylor Swift album.

4. The new Kelsea Ballerini album pretty much is a pre-Red Taylor Swift album but not as good.

Jersey likes this.
  5. This, is the tea. That one-two of Get Over Yourself and Roses theux.

unnameable and Petty Mayonnaise like this.
  6. Shake It Off is a basic bop & while Welcome to New York isn't amazing, it feels essential to the album and I've never really minded it. Style is great but I'm not quite sure why the forum shits themselves over it.

Island likes this.
  7. Also, while I'm here, We Found Love has aged like milk and it was never that great in the first place xx.

Future Lover, RJF, Ashling92 and 6 others like this.
  8. This upsets me, though I don't think it's that unpopular around here.

Heaven on Earth and sexercise like this.
  9. I agree. It was annoying and near dated territory on arrival. Tulisa's Young is the better version of that song anyways.

Also, I came across this:

londonrain likes this.
  10. I can never tell. There's a legion of people who love it and there's a few of us that don't like it very much so ????
    DDDD Young is the definition of a song that's aged like milk but LORD does it still go off. I feel like Tulisa would've been a fun pop star to have around if she had taste/the public didn't hate her/she could actually perform (what glowing praise NN). Her album had a few cute bops.

I still can't believe this is a thing that exists.

11. Ok, I'm a Bad Blood defender, but it's easily worse than Welcome To New York. That's the track that people do too much over.

ohnostalgia, Island and Alouder98 like this.
  12. Kelsea Ballerini's album is indeed better than Reputation. Some of you know the tea.

unnameable likes this.
  13. E.T. is so much better than Teenage Dream.

londonrain likes this.
  14. Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah is garbage.

15. Melodrama won’t make my year end album list.*

*this doesn’t mean it’s bad.

londonrain likes this.
  16. The question is; will Taylor?

londonrain likes this.
  17. How long is your list? It's not making my top 10, if that's what you mean.

18. Too early to say. I’m leaning towards... probably no? IF it does it would be quite low.

Well it would probably be like 25 albums at least. I just don’t feel any connection to Melodrama beyond a few big obvious songs (Green Light, The Louvre, Supercut, and Perfect Places). It also houses one song I aggressively despise. It’s very much an “I recognize this talented work but I don’t need to listen to it regularly.”

19. I completely understand. I can listen to it and be like, "This is a good album." I so rarely play it though. I can't even explain it.

My top 10 this year is gonna be weird though. Pretty much exclusively made by women. Not that odd considering where we're posting, but the women have really knocked it out of the park this year.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  20. Agree. I will also probably have some Korean acts as well, which is new for me!

Also have you listened to EP 2 by yaeji? If you’re looking for more women knocking it out of the park...

Alouder98 and man.tis.shrimp like this.