ZAYN - Dusk Till Dawn & Second Album | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZAYN - Dusk Till Dawn & Second Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by eccentricsimply, Jul 15, 2016.

1. The good sis told me to

So I shall.

Anyway, from the Paper Magazine interview:

So, yeah, there's that. If things go as planned and he doesn't pull a Frank or a Lauryn it should probably be out by Q1 2017.

Kyle., wwgof12 and Island like this.
  2. There are still so many good songs left to mine off Mind of Mine, but I'm looking forward to the follow up. MoM is so solid, though I do see why people say it tends to drag on (will never understand people who say it's "all" about sex or drugs or whatever, listen to the fucking album and stop comparing young male artists to Justin Timberlake please, especially when they give off no perceptible vibe of wanting to be the next Timberlake). He played around with a lot of sounds, and a lot of them really worked. It felt, and still feels, like he was working through being locked out of the creative direction of 1D and just threw a lot of stuff at the wall, and it was some pretty good stuff. Thankfully he had amazing producers who collaborated with him and really gave the album a cohesive sound.

I don't really know what I want from a second album, but he's shown how versatile he is with the songs off his debut and songs he's been featured on ("Back to Sleep (Remix)" with CB and Usher, "Cruel" w/Snakehips) and with wHo. Hell we can go back to the "I Won't Mind" demo and the progression of 1Ds sound if we want a wider scope of what he can do.

I hope it's good, I hope people take it seriously, and I don't have to read critics spend a whole paragraph giving it a backhanded compliment about how it's "all about sex"

3. Serve us a 'TiO' 2.0., and show us what it stands for, King.

alanmr, Noir, Bolton and 4 others like this.
  4. The Snakehips song is everything right now. So good.

mcuk likes this.
  5. As planned?

I'm not ready for Z2. There are so many good songs on MOM who deserved the single treatment and everyone knowing them, I'm not done mourning.

6. A 2017 release, like he's spoken again in his radio interviews. I mean more him not pulling the "soon" treatment.

7. Q1 though? It's really soon.

I didn't expect one album a year from him. I'd take anything but I'd rather have longer promo campaigns to be honest.

8. I'd love for him to explore the Asian sounds a bit more. Its a soundscape I adore and his voice and lyrics over a proper track utilizing them would be amazing.

9. Is it? I particularly would say Q2 now rather than Q1, but like you said, he didn't do a long promo campaign for MOM and I highly doubt he will pick it up agan. I'd rather him use this momentum from IDWLF to get a single out by February-March and the album in Q2 and use the rest of the year for promo and tour.

Oups likes this.
  10. I'm wondering if he plans on leaning a bit more pop this time around since we know he's working with Jack Antonoff.

Island likes this.
  11. Why can I see him trying to make his Born to Die?

Saycsar Fleurima and lushLuck like this.
  12. The Mind Of Mine campaign basically was over by June, so Q1/Q2 wouldn't be too bad.

13. Oh yeah I didn't think about IDWLF. This could work you're right, Q2 is more plausible for me.

14. This is my dream. (Mostly if he could be inspired by Lana's flair for amazing visuals)

15. HERE. FOR. THIS!

flowerink and Island like this.

16. Is he going to give us the full on South Asian influenced album we deserve?

17. I want Freedun x6 and TiO x6, so this is promising.

Suzie, MarlonBrando86 and Beginner like this.
  18. RJF

RJF

Okay but is he actually teasing news about a single/album that will be released soon... or will he not mention music again on any social media for months before the next dead-end tease, such is the way with his generation of popstars?

19. I really like the snippet. Give me those Asianic bops that I love

Suzie likes this.
  20. I mean, it's just 30 seconds of pitched vocals samples but yas Zay of Light is coming!!!!!!ยก